18. Putting on a Show

It was this time again where Star Twinkle was accompanying the Cutie Mark Crusaders to find his special talent.
As always he was sure that this wouldn't work but he still tried his best to fill his blank flank. After all, he was a Crusader too.

After doing some minor activities, the four of them ended up in the Golden Oak Library to get a librarian Cutie Mark.

"I think we should have asked Twilight first before we entered the library," said Star Twinkle to the Crusaders who were already picking out some books out of the shelves.

"Don't worry. The door was open and Twilight was not here so I am sure It will be okay," assured Apple Bloom.

"How does Twilight not being here, allow us to be here?" Star Twinkle asked.

"Well, If she is not here, then we can't bother her," Sweetie Belle explained.

"Yes. Always think ahead, junior Crusader," Scootaloo said in a teasing voice.

While Star Twinkle tried to figure out the logic of that, he was thrown out of his thoughts after hearing what name Scootaloo called him.

"Junior Crusader?" He asked confused.

"Yes. You are the newest member after all," Sweetie Belle explained.

Star Twinkle never really figured out if the three fillies were sometimes teasing him or if they were serious. Either way, he still needs to get used to them. They were not bad ponies at all. Except if they caused some mess ups for others after their usual failed attempts to get a Cutie Mark, which usually meant for Star Twinkle to do some explanation. He was expecting this to be no different if Twilight returns.

Before he realized, they already had almost every book scattered around in the library.

"What now?" Asked Star Twinkle while looking at a giant pillar of books.

"Now we're gonna put them inside of the shelf's again," Apple Bloom explained.

That seemed easy enough and also kinda pointless from Star Twinkle's view but he decided to do it before Twilight returned and saw what happened to her library.

"Okay. Where does this one go?" He asked while picking up a random book but instead of an answer, he only got silence and confused looks. He thought that they may not know where this one needs to go. "What about this one?" He asked while showing them another book. But again all he got was silence. He slowly realized what the problem was and asked just to make sure. "You don't remember where you got any book from, right?" He asked expecting them to answer with no.

"No," they all replied at the same time.

Spike, who just entered the library was not really happy to see in which state the library was.

"Sweet Celestia!" He shouted in shock. "Twilight is gonna..."

And speaking of her, Twilight entered the library accompanied by an Earth-Pony with a purple-reddish coat and a light pink mane. Her name was Cheerilee if Star Twinkle was not mistaken. She is a teacher in the local school. The Cutie Mark Crusaders were also talking about her a few times.

"I had nothing to do with this," Spike quickly said to save his skin.

Star Twinkle couldn't blame him. He would probably do the same thing in this situation.

Of course Twilight wanted to know what happened to her library but the Crusaders didn't even notice her and were too focused on their hopeless task.

"Well, we sure aren't getting our Cutie Marks for being librarians," said Apple Bloom frustrated.

Twilight then approached Star Twinkle. "Still on a hunt for a Cutie Mark?" asked Twilight amused.