68. Looking for answers...

Inside the Friendship Express...

It was barely an hour ago when Star Twinkle visited Twilight in his search for some answers. Seeing Twilight react so terrified, only further pocked his curiosity. There was something that he didn't know...something that was hidden from him.

Twilight's scared expression was burned into Star Twinkle's mind. "Why was she so scared...what did she see after she drank that potion?" He asked himself over and over again.

The train was heading to Canterlot. There were as hoof full of other ponies inside the train with Star Twinkle but his head was leaned towards a window where he was looking outside with his mind being far, far away to even realize or even get bothered by that. Canterlot could be seen in the distance. As soon as Star Twinkle saw it, his eye began to narrow. "Things already turned out bad...mind as well go all the way now..." he said determined to still get more answers to his questions.

Discord wouldn't give him a straight explanation, nightmares would continue to haunt Star Twinkle's dreams, and now Twilight would refuse to explain what she saw in her vision after drinking Zecora's potion. With all those things happening to him, it was impossible to just ignore them, even if that is exactly what he wanted to do originally. He already took a dive into the truth and he was not about to stop now.

And there was one pony in Equestria he knew who could give him some answers...probably...

Inside of Canterlot Castle...

Princess Celestia sat on her throne in Canterlot Castle and looked over some letters. She seemed to be done with whatever she was doing and put them away again, shortly after. She then moved her eyes all across the throne room to see if somepony was looking. After making sure that nopony was around right now, Princess Celestia used her magic and levitated a plate with a slice of strawberry cake from behind her throne in front of her. She licked her lips and levitated a fork with a little piece of cake on it towards her mouth but as soon as she saw how the big door of the throne room opened, she quickly put the cake behind her throne again and smiled awkwardly to not raise any suspicion.

"Your majesty!" One member of the Royal Guard announced, grabbing the princess's full attention. "A visitor," he simply said before he stepped away, revealing Star Twinkle who was slowly walking into the throne room.

Princess Celestia smiled warmly. "Star Twinkle! What a surprise," she said before she raised from her throne and walked towards the stallion. "What is the reason for your visit?"

Star Twinkle had to remember that it was still Princess Celestia who was standing in front of him so he could not just blandly ask if he can talk with her. He figured that the ruler of Equestria was probably pretty busy right now and didn't have any time to deal with Star Twinkle's problem. But Star Twinkle didn't come all the way to Canterlot to just leave without even asking so he just got to the point very quickly. "Princess Celestia...can I talk with you about something?" He asked without even attempting to waste any time.

Princess Celestia's smile got a little smaller. "About your element?"

Star Twinkle's eye twitched. He was starting to wonder if he was easier to read then he would like to. "Yeah..." he simply replied.

Princess Celestia continued. "About how your Element shattered?" She then said out of the blue with her smile slowly vanishing and turning her expression to a more serious one.

"So you know!?" Star Twinkle replied in surprise looking directly into the eyes of the princess. Before he knew it, he just bombarded the princess with one question after another. "Do you know why it happened? Why was there no seventh Element when you fought against Discord and Nightmare Moon!? Is my Element not supposed to exist, as Discord said?"