78. Ghosts, Wizards & Witches - Part 1

In a small town in Equestria...

If there was one pony that could be described with the word mysterious, then it would be the Unicorn in the gray hood who kept traveling through Equestria...Summershine.

Traveling from one town to another, this pony didn't stop to gather any information that could help him to find a certain pony. At least that's what he told the Great and Powerful Trixie who he met a little while ago in another town. Who this pony was or why Summershine set out to find this pony was still unknown, just like the reason why he knows Star Twinkle and why he claims to be his best friend even though Star Twinkle said that he never had a friend before in his life before he met Twilight and the others. He had a chance to meet Star Twinkle back then when he helped to fight against Fade and the rest of the Outcasts but he decided to leave without them knowing that he was even there.

The reason for his actions, as well as his motives, were a complete mystery and no one can probably tell what he was about to do next.

But right now...It was fairly obvious what he was after, judging from how he was walking through the middle streets of a small town with sweat coming down from his face and his tongue sticking out of his mouth.

"Water...Food..." he said while he walked like as if he was about to collapse any second. He slowly dragged his body behind him. "Why is it so hot now out of all days? I didn't even notice how I was out of food...and why did I have to lose my water bottle in a moment like this?" The stallion complained.

Of course, this behavior was not unnoticed by everypony around him but all they did was looking at him as if he was some kind of weirdo. Before he knew it, Summershine dropped face-first to the ground and prepared himself to dehydrate and starve at the spot. It was moments like this where he regret having to wander through Equestria without having any bits with him. He could have easily stolen something in this town but of course, he was not like that, something that he also started to regret right now.

After "resting" a little bit on the ground he eventually, decided to get up again, even though it was really exhausting to just do that. There were still things for him to do after all.

"Maybe I find a river if I leave town or something like that..." he said to himself to keep a positive attitude and ignore the situation that he was in now.

After getting up on his hooves again, however, Summershine noticed how there was a water bottle and some apples lying on the ground right next to his hooves. First, he thought he was starting to hallucinate but he was actually able to levitate the bottle off from the ground with his magic so it was most definitely real. Before he could ask himself where all this stuff came from, the answer came from somepony he just now noticed was standing next to him. "You look as if you could use some water," the Earth Pony stallion said with a grin on his face.

It was as if Princess Celestia heard Summershine's prayers and send somepony to save him in his time in need. Summershine started to have tears running down his face out of pure joy. "Thank you!" He said in a shaking voice before he opened the bottle to take a sip of this water.

The Earth Pony stallion began to laugh after seeing how Summershine almost drank the whole bottle in one go. "You are traveling through Equestria, right?" He asked with an amused look on his face.

Summershine stopped drinking for a moment. "How do you know?" He asked before he quickly returned to drink some water again and took a bite from one of the apples.

"I saw you before, In the last town that I visited. If I remember correctly, you were in a similar state back there as well," he said amused.

Summershine's eye twitched. "Wow...I'm really bad at this whole traveling thing..." he thought after pretty much getting confirmation that he should prepare himself a little more before leaves this town.