27. The Lord of Chaos - Part 1

"Alright!" Star Twinkle exclaimed determent.

The Grand Galloping Gala was only a few days ago and Star Twinkle already did some progress in terms of friendship, just like he planned to. He was actively searching for the company and even took part in conversations more often. This may seem to be little progress and it probably was but for him, it was almost groundbreaking.

Every day would be another step in order to improve his knowledge about friendship. And today was no different. After all, it was a beautiful day outside.

The sun was shining, even though there were some clouds in the air. Pink clouds, with brown rain coming out of them.
"Wait, what?" Star Twinkle said confused after taking a good look outside.

He walked outside to take a better look at the situation. The brown rain that was purring out of the pink clouds, was in fact, chocolate milk. But not only that. Animals like squirrels or rabbits turned into something different right in front of him. Their legs were much longer as they should be and he could swear that he saw some dancing buffaloes too.

Something was definitely going on. But since Star Twinkle didn't know what to make out of that, he looked for his friends, in hope that they knew something.

He figured that he should check Twilight's library first because Twilight had a much bigger source of knowledge because of her books. Also, he could swear that it looked like magic when some of the animals changed right in front of him.

Just when he was about to enter the library, Twilight rushed out of the door, followed by Spike. She levitated a book in front of her in which she was turning the pages with a worried look on her face.

"Twilight?" Star Twinkle said as he approached both of them.

She greeted him after noticing him but still kept her eyes on the book.

"Do you know what is happening here?" Star Twinkle asked.

"I'm not sure," she replied.
"But I do know that all these things are caused by magic," she added.

"Twilight is trying to find a fail-safe so that everything returns to normal," Spike explained.

That would explain why she was so focused on that book. Star Twinkle was wondering who would cast magic that turns rain into chocolate milk. It didn't seem to make much sense to him. But if Twilight finds the fail-safe spell, then everything should be normal again in a few moments.

Most of the pink clouds were flying over Sweet Apple Acres so it would be best if the spell was used there.
As expected, the situation was no better there. All the corn turned into popcorn and the apples grew in size dramatically. It was a total mess.

Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Fluttershy, Rarity and Pinkie Pie were all there as well, probably trying to fix the problem themselves. At least Rainbow Dash, Applejack, and Fluttershy were. Rarity was mostly trying to stay clean in all this mess and Pinkie Pie was just drinking the chocolate milk that poured down from the clouds.

Thankfully Twilight got ready and prepared herself to cast her newfound spell.
"Don't worry, everyone, I've learned a new spell that'll fix everything," she then shot out a beam from her horn, which hit every animal, cloud, popcorn, and apple in sight. But to the shock of Twilight, her magic didn't work. "My fail-safe spell...failed. What do we do?" She asked confused.

"Give up?" Spike replied confused.

But everypony still believed that Twilight would come up with something in order to fix all this.

"What now?" Star Twinkle asked

"Now it's time for plan B," Twilight replied determent.

She then quickly came up with a plan to get rid of the problem, telling her friends what they should do.