82. A Breeze in the Wind

Sometimes it really feels like there is always some kind of event happening in the little town of Ponyville. Ironically, Star Twinkle believed this town was pretty boring and quiet, a few years ago, but that was maybe because he wasn't involved with anything or anypony, so of course, nothing would happen to him or his surroundings. But this all changed after he befriended Twilight and the others. And this time, Fluttershy set up something in Ponyville and as one of her friends, Star Twinkle was involved in what she had planned as well.

Fluttershy rounded all of her friends up in order to prepare them for what was about to happen in Ponyville soon. "Okay, everypony. As you know, the adorable fairy creatures known as Breezies are about to come through Ponyville and we need to help them in any way possible. That includes providing the breeze for them so that they can safely travel through Ponyville and return home," she explained while she walked up and down with her friends standing in a straight line and listening to her.

Star Twinkle remembered that Fluttershy was just recently on a trip observing those creatures. But unlike her, he didn't know anything about them so he just went ahead and asked what bothered him. "Why exactly do we need to make a breeze for them? Can't they fly on their own?"

Fluttershy was quick to explain. "Well, you see, it's the breeze that activates the Breezies' magic, and that magic protects the pollen they're carrying from being destroyed. And they only have two days to get that pollen back before the portal to their home closes. That's why it's ever-so-important that we help them make their way through Ponyville safely," she explained, clearly knowing everything that needed to be known.

Star Twinkle was not really looking forward to all this, unlike some other ponies who visibly showed their excitement. "Yes! Ooh, it's so exciting!" Pinkie Pie said in a highly pitched voice. "I can't wait for Rainbow Dash to make the breeze for them so I can see how cute they are up close!"

"I've never done it before, not that I won't be totally awesome at it, because I totally will!" Rainbow Dash bragged, as usual.

Fluttershy agreed and was happy that the two were looking forward to it. "And that breeze is very important, but so is cheering on those teeny-tiny little things, so they have the confidence to ride that breeze to their native land. Did I mention how tiny they are? I was thinking we could do a special Breezie cheer!"

"I love cheers!" Pinkie Pie exclaimed highly excited.

However, Fluttershy had to stop Pinkie Pie's excitement for a second. "But these cheers should be quiet cheers. We don't want to startle them. They need to be able to concentrate. Why don't we try it?" She suggested before she went ahead and started. "You can do it, Breezies," she said, waiting for her friends to return a cheer.

But what she didn't exactly get what she expected. "You can do it, Breezies!" Her six friends shouted back at her, much to her surprise. Apparently, this was too loud and Fluttershy advised that everypony should tone it down a little. "You can do it, Breezies!" They once more said a little quieter but still too loud according to Fluttershy. So they gave it another try. "You can do it, Breezies!" They now said in an almost normal tone. Still...that didn't seem to be enough again. The group almost felt weird cheering even quieter but Fluttershy was the expert here so they just had to do as she said and gave it another try. "You can do it, Breezies!" They now practically whispered in her ear.

"Perfect!" She then exclaimed much to the shock of everypony. The mare noticed that she wasn't any better for a second and calmed herself down again. "Oh, um, I mean... yay," she cheered quietly, embarrassed after the loud cheer from before.

What Star Twinkle basically got from all of this, is that those Breezies were pretty weak and helpless which is why they needed all the help from everypony. The stallion was just glad that he didn't have to be one of the Pegasus who would provide the breeze for those creatures. If it is really that important then it would certainly be better if more experienced flyers would do this job. According to Fluttershy that was already taken care of. In fact, she was the one who overlooked all of the preparations for the visit of the Breezies so hopefully, everything would end up well.