109. Rock-Hearth Warming Eve

Inside the Friendship Express...

A really nervous Star Twinkle was sitting next to the window looking out and watching everything as it went by. He was hoping that it would calm him down but it didn't work all too well. His mind was a mess and he could not form a decent though in his head.

"Is something the matter, dear?" A female voice, coming from the pony that was sitting across him. It was his mother, Rainfall Twinkle, who seemed concerned seeing her son in this state. "You barely said anything during this trip. Are you all right?"

Star Twinkle looked at the mare. He didn't even attempt to look not worried as he looked into her eyes. "I'm just a little nervous, that is all," he said.

Right after those words were said, his father, Sunny Twinkle, who was sitting next to him, put his hooves around Star Twinkle's shoulders. "You are just excited, that is all," he said in an upbeat tone. "We are all gonna met some new ponies after all. I sure am looking forward to meeting everyone," he added as he began shaking in excitement.

Rainfall Twinkle rasped. "I think this is precisely why our son is so nervous..." she pointed out before she looked at her son. "You are worried that we won't get along with the families of your friends, right?" She guessed.

Probably the only pony in all of Equestria, that Star Twinkle could never fool, was his mother. She hit the nail right on the head. He let out a defeated sigh. "I think the best outcome would be if we three would get along with both Applejack's and Pinkie Pie's family," he said.

"Oh, don't worry," Sunny Twinkle said in a highly optimistic tone. "It's Heart's Warming Eve after all. There couldn't be any other day where three families could come together and getting to know each other better than on this day," the stallion said with a grin on his face.

Now Rainfall Twinkle began smiling after the words Heart's Warming Eve fell. "I do have to admit that I am quite curious about how the Apple or the Pie Families celebrate this holiday. You think they do it the same way we do?" She asked.

But Star Twinkle shook his head. "No, I asked both Applejack and Pinkie Pie already and from the looks of it, they do seem to celebrate it the same way actually," the stallion said before he started listing up the traditions of the two families.

"There is gonna be a flag raising, an evening dinner, Heart's Warming dolls which are hung above the fireplace, and presents on the next day," the stallion explained.

There was a short pause from Rainfall Twinkle, her face looked rather worried. "I see...I think those traditions go all the way back to the day where Heart's Warming Eve was invented..."

"Right," Star Twinkle replied. He then remembered the stories that he heard about the founding of Equestria, which was the day where Hearts Warming Eve was first brought into existence. "When the three pony tribes were still fighting with each other and the Windigos threatened to cover all of Equestria in snow. The three pony tribes worked together and the fire of friendship drove those beasts away. In order to celebrate their victory, they raised a flag and Equestria was founded," the stallion explained.

"Yes," Rainfall Twinkle replied before she continued. "If I recall correctly, then the dinner is held to remember the shared bounties of our ancestors. And the Hearth's Warming dolls over the fireplace are supposed to remind us of the warmth shared on that fateful night."

"Exactly," Star Twinkle said in response.

Again, Rainfall Twinkle remained silent for a moment and her face looked worried again as well. "Compared to the traditions of Apple and the Pie families our..."