1-10

Chapter 1 MARRIAGE

 In the first month, the spring is cold, especially when night falls, and there are a few cold stars in the sky.

Zhao's house in Beicheng District, in the front yard of the second room.

Tian Hua was only in his 40s, his face was pale, and he looked a little haggard. He was holding a sky-blue cotton-padded jacket in his hand, and he yelled impatiently to his daughter Zhao Lijuan at the door: "Lijuan, take a brazier and go upstairs later. In Xiaofang's house."

Zhao Lijuan is eighteen years old this year, and she has been staying at home before school starts in the first month. She just came back from her aunt's house next door, holding her sleeves, shivering coldly, and she frowned in protest when she heard this: " I'm not going, and there's not much carbon in the house, so that's not enough for me alone."

"You kid... Forget it! Then wait and bring the noodles I just cooked in the kitchen to Xiaofang, She will be your sister-in-law in the future." After she finished, she picked up her coat and put it on and went out. At this time, she was going to the backyard to take care of her seriously ill mother-in-law.

Zhao Lijuan, who was behind her, murmured in her heart and cursed without even opening her mouth: "It's not my sister-in-law, and I haven't even got the certificate yet. Besides, a village girl who shaves food in the field is also worthy of marrying my brother. It's really troublesome when the goods come. ." 

The voice was so loud that it seemed to be deliberately intended to be heard by Xiao Xiao upstairs.

Cursing and walking to the kitchen.

In a room on the second floor, Zhou Xiaoxiao was wearing a red padded jacket, black satin cotton trousers, and new embroidered shoes, sitting quietly on the head of the bed. At this moment, listening to the conversation between the mother and daughter of the Zhao family outside, there was a sneer on the corner of her mouth.

She didn't even want to give the brazier. It's no wonder Li Xiaofang was going to run away from marriage with such a young lady who treats her future sister-in-law like this. Xiaoxiao moved her hands and feet, which were about to freeze, and they were cold after sitting for a while.

Early in the morning, she came from the countryside in an ox cart, carrying a few sets of clothes, a letter from the Zhao family to the Li family, and a pair of jade bracelet tokens. Because the Zhao family suddenly proposed to get married, the messenger asked Li Xiaofang to come over as soon as they arrived at the Li family. The old lady of the Zhao family was afraid that she could not wait for a few more days. And the time was so short that I didn't even buy the betrothal gift, only said that it would be made up later.

The Li family did not dare to object. Zhao Lichen, the eldest son of Zhao Zhiguo, the second house of the Zhao family, and Li Xiaofang, the granddaughter of the Li family, had been engaged since childhood. It stands to reason that this is a new society that does not support arranged marriages, but there is a reason for this marriage.

Uncle Zhao and Uncle Li used to be comrades-in-arms. Uncle Zhao once saved Uncle Li's life once, so in order to repay his kindness, Uncle Li thought about getting married. Later, his daughter would marry the Zhao family to repay his kindness. I have only one son and no daughter since my wife passed away, so the marriage was passed on to the next generation granddaughter Li Xiaofang. But Li Xiaofang got along well with the people in the town commune, and I heard that Zhao Lichen was a soldier, and he couldn't go home several times a year. She was married to a family and asked her to be a living widow to serve them. She was willing to marry her, but she ran out secretly yesterday. The Li family searched for a day and couldn't find it. I heard that she bought a ticket and took the train to go to another place to go to her brother. The uncle is very old. A few days ago, he went to the mountain to collect medicine and broke a leg. There are two patients at home. Li Xiaofang's mother can't come out, and the marriage cannot be delayed. Li Xiaofang's brother is working in another place. It would take a week and a few days to come back, so it was too late to come back to deal with this matter, and other relatives, the Li family felt that their repentance was embarrassing and dared not let others know, so Uncle Li had to ask Zhou Xiaoxiao for help , let her replace Li Xiaofang first, and then replace her when she finds her.

But Xiaoxiao is not from this time and space. She appeared in the countryside a month ago because of an accident and explosion in an experiment. She was rescued by the passing uncle of the Li family. The old man saw that she seemed to have lost her memory and forgot where she was. He took her home, and later recognized Xiao Xiao as her granddaughter.

Xiaoxiao felt that she had been in the Li family for a month, and without the care of the Li family, she might have died early, and the Li family treated her well, not only took her in, but also recognized her as a granddaughter and became the Li family. When she recovers, they will help her find a job.

Now that the Li family is in trouble, of course, she will help to solve it. She is here to discuss with the Zhao family whether to postpone the marriage or cancel the marriage. When the Zhao family met her, they did not suspect that she was Li Xiaofang, because the Zhao family was far away from the Li family, and the Zhao family had never met Li Xiaofang before.

Zhao Lichen's mother Tian Hua hurriedly arranged her to the room upstairs, and then she went to the backyard to take care of her seriously ill mother-in-law, and Xiao Xiao was never seen again. Originally, I wanted to discuss with her whether the marriage could be postponed for a month, but Li Xiaofang should have found it by then.

There seems to be no one in the Zhao family at the moment. Looking at the letter from the Zhao family, it was said that the old lady of the Zhao family, Zhao Lichen's grandmother, had a serious illness after the New Year.

Through the dim light, I looked at the masculine room in front of me. The furnishings in the house are very simple, there is no decoration and superfluous things. The smoky-colored wardrobe at the head of the bed looks as shiny and reflective as it is newly made. There is a large desk by the window. books. The walls were painted snow-white upside down, and there were two maps, a world map and a domestic map.

This room wouldn't belong to Zhao Lichen, right? That man was a soldier. I heard that he went on a mission in the army and won't come back for a few days.

Maybe it was because the old lady was seriously ill, and the doctors couldn't do anything about it, so the Zhao family came up with the idea of ​​rushing to have a wedding to celebrate. The bad luck of going to the house might be the old man's illness. way to come.

The Zhao family was in such a hurry to want to get married as soon as possible, but today Zhao Lichen didn't come back and the wedding couldn't be done. The Zhao family decided to do it in a few days. They were waiting for Zhao Lichen to apply with the army. So when Li Xiaofang ran away from the marriage and didn't want to marry, the Li family panicked immediately. This is how can a military marriage be repented. The Zhao family was anxious to get married in the next few days, but Li Xiaofang was missing. Realizing the seriousness of the matter, Li uncle had no choice but to ask Xiaoxiao to come here to act as Li Xiaofang for a few days, try to delay the marriage as much as possible, and leave for Xiaoxiao when she arrives.

Zhou Xiaoxiao's stomach made a grunting sound. She ate two corn cakes in the morning and went on the ox cart for a whole day. It was dark now, no wonder she felt hungry.

Seeing that no one from the Zhao family brought food, she still went into the space and took out the steamed buns secretly hidden there in the morning to eat. Although she was reborn in this time and space, her bracelet was still there, and the space inside was not lost. brought by her.

Just as he was about to go in, he heard another young girl's questioning voice from the yard downstairs.

"Lijuan, why didn't you bring it in?" The person talking was Lu Yumei from the Lu family behind the Zhao family. She was very good to Zhao Lijuan on weekdays. She only came here when the Zhao family had a wedding today. When she entered the yard, she saw Zhao Lijuan holding her hands Holding a large bowl of noodles, standing under the eaves hesitating whether or not to enter the house.

There are bacon and two fried eggs in the noodles, and a handful of chopped green onions are sprinkled on the surface. This was cooked by Zhao Lijuan's mother just now, and asked Zhao Lijuan to serve it to her new sister-in-law Zhou Xiaoxiao. After all, she had just entered the door, and Zhao Lichen didn't rush back home and felt a little wronged to her.

Zhao Lijuan elongated her face and said angrily: "Don't take it in! In case my grandma goes away these days, this woman will be sent away, and I will waste this good thing for her to eat. It's better for me to eat it myself. I'm busy today. I haven't eaten anything for the whole day, and now I'm just hungry."

I thought that she hadn't eaten eggs for a week, but there were two fried eggs in this bowl, and she didn't eat much for dinner. Just brought it for lunch.