351-360

Chapter 351 Busy Farming

  Day by day, the road from the village to the outside is about to be repaired, and now there is only one tail left to repair, and the whole work is completed, and it is connected with the roads built in the other two villages. Praise Lichen's leaders. In this way, the roads in the village have been repaired, and the three villages are also convenient to travel. It will be much more convenient for the villagers to go out in the future, especially when they are late outside, they don't have to be in a hurry or worry about not being able to catch the fishing boat back.

In the evening, Lichen and Xiaoxiao chatted while eating.

"The days go by so fast, it's already October, and the winter wheat and late rice will be harvested tomorrow. The weather forecast says that there may be heavy rain in these few days. The opinion of everyone in the village is to grab the grain as soon as possible and wait until the meal is over. Later, I will sharpen the sickle. The key point here is that the area of ​​each piece of land is not large, and the village has also not collected rice machines, so everyone can only collect it by themselves.

"Lichen, do the women in the village have to go too? "

Yeah, no matter men, women or children, as long as you can go to the ground, you have to go, you don't have to go, by the way!" And Lijuan, she has to go this time, try to grab it back in these three days. "

When farming is busy, it is very busy, and it depends on the weather changes. You must put the grain into the warehouse before it rains. Otherwise, the grain of the season will be wasted and everyone's hard work will be in vain for so long.

"Then I'd better go together." "Xiao Xiao. He decided. She is not a squeamish woman. When the village is busy, she will also help, not to mention food, that is very important. In such a year, food is more important than anything else, and you can survive if you have food.

Seeing her insistence, Lichen didn't refuse anymore. He knew that Xiaoxiao was a very kind girl. After eating, Xiaoxiao went to wash the dishes, and Lichen was there to sharpen his sickle. Speed, so the sickle must be sharpened before harvesting rice. Iwamura has no rice harvesting machine, so everyone in the field harvests the grain.

Because Xiaoxiao was also going, Li Chen carefully wrapped the handle of the sickle that Xiaoxiao was going to use with several laps of cloth, so that the hand was not easy to blister when cutting wheat, and Xiaoxiao had never done it before. He was really worried that she wouldn't be able to bear the heavy work, especially since it was the first time that he had gone to the fields to do such farm work.

In the evening Xiaoxiao went to bed early, and Li Chen went to bed after sharpening his sickle. Early the next morning, before dawn, the two set off for the field.

Many people have already gone to work, and everyone has not cared about the disadvantage of going to the labor union earlier. Anyway, there are only so many work points per day, but harvesting food is very important. A flood in the previous summer flooded the village very seriously. Now Every household has no food, especially during this period of time, people who have no money and no food at home rely on borrowing food and go to the sea to fish and dig wild vegetables to survive.

When Li Chen came to the field, many people had already started to work.

Lichen put Xiaoxiao to work next to each other, and each person was separated. He had to finish cutting the cut for Xiaoxiao as soon as possible.

An hour passed in a flash, even though it was no longer hot in October, Xiaoxiao was sweating a lot and her clothes were half wet. Look at the front again, my God! There is still so much unfinished cutting, and only a small piece is cut behind her, this is simply a turtle speed! How could she be so slow, I really can't watch!

Look at Li Chen next to him, his area has been cut in half by him, it's really fast, she's obviously not weak, why can't she always do housework well? I can't do my job well either...

Lijuan in the field next door looked at Xiaoxiao's lost expression and comforted: "Sister-in-law is not ashamed, and me, don't worry! And I'll be behind you." After speaking, she pointed With her own piece of land, Lijuan is not much faster than Xiaoxiao in cutting wheat.

Xiaoxiao looked at her, and sure enough, just like her, only one-third of Lichen was cut in an hour. They were both useless and not working on farm work.

"Let's work hard!" Xiaoxiao said.

Looking at other rural women who often work, their skill in cutting wheat is a little bit worse than Lichen's. They both are ashamed! Therefore, Lichen couldn't lose face, Xiaoxiao continued to work desperately.

Another hour passed, and Lijuan finally couldn't take it any longer, so she refused to work any more and ran home to rest. Seeing her wanting to be angry and helpless, Su Heng knew that Lijuan was usually squeamish and didn't like to work much at home. He often had to help her clean up when he returned from work, but now is the time to rush to harvest food, this time You can't be lazy. Besides, the older auntie came down to the ground. She ran back like this. It's a shame that her brother is the captain. One reason is that Xiaoxiao can endure more hardships than Lijuan, and the other reason must be that Xiaoxiao doesn't want Lichen to be joked that his wife is too squeamish, so she will quit after only a little work.

Thinking of this, I can only sigh. Lijuan is a little lazy and the other is good, so he doesn't want to dislike her anymore. The big deal is that he can finish cutting this piece of hers and the other piece of hers.

Everyone is arranged to cut a piece of land, and the task of the day is completed after the cut. In order to motivate everyone, Lichen will reward each person with two more work points if they have finished cutting their piece and can work more, so many people come to work early.

Xiaoxiao wiped the sweat from the corner of her eyes, even though her back was sore and her hands were blistered, she didn't dare to rest, but the speed of cutting wheat was much slower.

It wasn't the height of summer yet, if the grain was harvested at that time, she would have collapsed from exhaustion by now.

Just when she was about to get up, she suddenly heard a voice not far in front of her, and when she looked up, she saw someone not far in front of her helping her cut wheat.

"Lichen—" Xiaoxiao was very happy, it really was him, he had already cut his own piece, and now he came to help her with her work.

Li Chen, who is not far from the opposite side, praised Xiaoxiao: "You see that you have already cut so much wheat. It's amazing. Let's continue to work hard. Soon we can go home and rest after cutting this field."

It's not easy for Xiao Xiao, who usually doesn't do any heavy work, to support up to now. Seeing that his sister has run home, Li Chen is speechless. He knows that his sister can't endure hardship, but he doesn't blame it. It's a girl who grew up in the city. , she has never worked in the fields, she can just act like she can, and Xiaoxiao is stronger, she is also afraid of dragging herself down, afraid of being told that she is a billing wife, so she is lazy and runs home to rest before she works for a long time, So she will persevere, but he thinks that if she acts like Lijuan and goes back to rest.

Since she stayed, I encouraged her. Anyway, there was not much wheat left and he also came to help, so that she would feel a sense of accomplishment when she went back today.