11-20

Chapter 11 REJECTION

   This is the first time Xiaoxiao has seen Lu Yumei. She is one or two years older than her, with a slender body and a thin layer of powder on her face. She looks better than Zhao Lijuan, especially in such a fashionable dress, which is similar to hers. Country girls should dress up nicely. However, Xiaoxiao is not jealous at all, because her reborn body is actually not bad. If she wants to dress up, it will look good. She was a master of disguise in the past life, but now she just doesn't want to dress up.

No wonder Zhao Lijuan always looked down on her from the countryside. It turned out that there was such a good spare tire, and the two families were close and had a good relationship. Of course, she hoped that she would be her future sister-in-law. Thinking of this, she was not so angry with Zhao Lijuan. If it was her choosing a wife for her brother, she might also choose someone like Lu Yufen, and both of them are military families who can help Zhao Lichen's career in the future.

Zhao Lichen nodded to Lu Yumei, his face was still cold with a sense of alienation, as if he was not very happy to see her, but made Xiaoxiao beside him a little surprised. Is it true that he said he didn't like this woman just now? But why did everyone in the Zhao family say that he liked the woman in front of him...

"Brother Lichen, you can stay at home a little longer this time. Grandma is very ill. It makes me sad to see her like this." Lu Yumei After speaking, he bit his lip and looked very sad.

If he had never seen Xiaoxiao caring about her grandmother with such an expression before, Zhao Lichen might still believe that she really cared about her grandmother, but now that the expression on her face is the same as Xiaoxiao before, especially if it was pretending, he would I started to get bored and didn't want to stay with her any longer. I didn't know what was going on, but the family would misunderstand that he liked her. It was obvious that he hadn't met her several times a year, and the number of times he spoke could be counted on one hand. come over.

"I'm not sure I can stay at home for a few days. Grandma needs to rest now. If you have anything to say, you should wait until grandma gets better." The words were neither salty nor bland, but the meaning of expelling guests was obvious.

Lu Yumei's face was obviously embarrassed, and when she saw Xiao Xiao in the corner, she couldn't hang her face, and this woman was actually there.

"Xiaofang is also here... I'm relieved to have you to help take care of grandma."

After speaking, she bit her lip and looked at Zhao Lichen pitifully, with grievances.

This woman can stay and take care of grandma, why can't she? Is it because she is his fiancee.

Thinking of this, Xi then asked resentfully, "Brother Lichen, are you still blaming my mother—"

After speaking, she looked at Xiaoxiao, this person was here, she was a little embarrassed to say what happened before her and Lichen. She thought that Zhao Lichen was so indifferent to her because her mother opposed their marriage. But she couldn't do anything about it. It was always her mother who made the decision at home, and she resisted with all her might, but her mother finally locked her up for two days before letting her out.

Xiao Xiao saw that these two seemed to have something to say, come on! She didn't stay here any longer, and moved out to talk to them, so as not to be annoying, and she didn't want to stay with Zhao Lichen for a long time.

"That... I'll go to the toilet." After saying that, she covered her stomach, looking like she was in a hurry, and ran out in a flash, as if he was in a hurry.

The corner of Zhao Lichen's mouth twitched slightly. This woman went out early and late, but she went out at this time, forget it! It's better to go out, he took this opportunity to explain their affairs to Lu Yumei.

Looking at the woman on the opposite side, her voice was cold, "I don't blame you and your mother, in fact, I always treat you like Lijuan as a younger sister, and I don't have any affection for you, I am a soldier, and I have nothing to do with you. There is a marriage contract, I can't do anything that is treachery, and you also see that Xiaofang has already come here, so I advise you to accept your unreasonable thoughts. This is good for you and me, and if my family treats you I apologize for the misunderstanding between me and I will also explain to them that I actually just treat you as my sister."

Lu Yumei said in a hurry, "Brother Lichen...but I really like you very much. Ah!"

After sobbing, tears fell, looking very aggrieved and pitiful. In front of outsiders, she has always been a very reserved and proud girl. She thought he knew her love for him, but now he was so bluntly rejected by him, ignoring the past feelings at all.

So is it a joke that she has been fond of him for so many years? Her mother objected to her being with Li Chen, but she thought that this man at least liked her. This time she came back to break off the marriage with Li Xiaofang, but she refused. She chose to marry the country girl Li Xiaofang. Couldn't she be better than a village girl!

"I'm sorry!"

Zhao Lichen didn't say anything, and turned his face to the other side. Clearly good to avoid trouble later.

"Is it because of Li Xiaofang, but you two just know each other, do you really want to marry her when you like her?" He asked incredulously.

"That's my business, it's been explained clearly now, you can leave, my grandma needs to rest."

Let her leave again, whether he and Li Xiaofang want to get married, that's their business has nothing to do with her.

Just at this time, Du Yueying had come back from next door.

"Yumei is here, it's rare that you treat your mother-in-law so well, and she doesn't hurt you in vain on weekdays." After speaking, he said to Zhao Lichen, "I'm watching Lichen here, you send Yumei, this child usually treats your grandma very well. Filial piety, I will send you delicious food, I usually accompany your grandma to relieve the boredom, but unfortunately you..."

After saying this, he suddenly stopped, as if realizing that he had said something wrong, Li Xiaofang is here, are the two of them ? Maybe together again.

"Don't talk nonsense, Auntie, I think Yumei is my younger sister, just like Lijuan, and I also thank Yumei for coming to chat with grandma to relieve boredom." Explaining their relationship, I don't want her to misunderstand any more, and it's strange that even the eldest aunt misunderstood. They, but he never said or did anything to this woman, why did everyone misunderstand?

Lu Yumei was very sad after listening to his reckless explanation, clutching the corner of her clothes tightly.

"Really..." Du Yueying looked at the two of them and saw Yumei's eyes were red as if she had just cried. Could it be that these two were having an argument just now... Thinking of Li Xiaofang's girl, it should have something to do with her. After all, Li Xiaofang is Lichen's fiancée, and her parents in Yumei's family don't agree with Yumei's marriage to Lichen.

"I'll take you out!" In order to avoid embarrassment, Zhao Lichen didn't want to stay any longer, he had already made it clear.

Zhao Lichen was walking in front, and Lu Yumei could only follow.

Du Yueying watched the two go out one after the other, thoughtfully...