sleep of death

The Heavens was bathed in amalgamation of red and whites , a union of such powerful worlds, purity yet agony and agony yet mystique. A true poetry in it's form. 

The Heavens ,The Ghosts ,The Gods ,The Souls, all joined in this prophesised union. 

The Heavenly Capital or the realistic recreation of the Shenwu street 800 years ago. The commons, the officials, the gods, the ghosts all in one place witnessing the spectacle. 

The golden altar way above the reach of the ground, their love wasn't subjected to boundaries it was subjected to the limitless sky, an endless void of love, it only suited it to be in the skies. The heavenly energy surrounded the altar. The sky filled with riches of the red lanterns, lit by the ghosts. The Heavenly Capital for the first time wasn't bound by subjugation it was bound by love, eternal love. 

As the time came near for the wedding ceremony, all the heavenly officials gathered in harmony. 

"I always rooted for them." Commented Pei Ming. 

"Yeah sure." Replied Yushi Huang. Both the officials exuding utter glamour. 

It was time when Hua Cheng arrived at the capital. He was met by the utter realistic recreation of the Shenwu Street, he was left awe struck which rarely happens, he remembered the first time he saw Xie Lian , everything now seemed so unreal yet so real. 

"Overwhelmed Huh ?" Asked He Xuan. 

"Never." 

Hua Cheng's dominant aura almost immediately caught the attention of every attendee.

"Crimson Rain." 

"Well isn't he one dashing fella?" 

The continuity of the praises wouldn't stop however for Hua Cheng only one thing mattered and that was his lover. Hua Cheng now reached at the altar all eyes at him. 

"So Crimson Rain you finally mustered up the courage to marry my student?" 

"Wouldn't be here if i didn't"

"still just as feisty aren't you , but i have no say, Lian is the happiest when he is with you, ill be glad to oversee your wedding rituals." 

"Much Thanks Guoshi." 

"it's time for Lian to arrive." 

Just after Guoshi spoke his thoughts, everyone present at the ceremony remained in utter awe of the Heavenly Emperor, his demeanor left even the ghosts spellbound. 

Hua Cheng was left speechless as he saw his lover walking towards him dressed in all red, for Hua Cheng his lover was the moon. A visible tear escaped Hua Cheng's crimson eye, it got too overwhelming for him, he never would have imagined the god he was devoted to, would one day become his husband. But he quickly wiped the tear, he didn't want Xie Lian to worry. 

As Xie Lian finally reached the altar, all he wanted was to see his lover's face, he still had the veil covering his eyes. 

"We shall now begin the ceremony." 

Both the males bowed down to the guoshi paying their respects. 

"You may now lift the veil of Your Highness." 

Hua Cheng now gently lifted the veil of Xie Lian, just as he removed the veil, he was left paralyzed and so were the others , Xie Lian's beauty was paralyzing. 

"Gege, you look beautiful." 

Xie Lian was just in awe of his lover who looked sculpted by the gods, he looked very different from his usual attire. 

"Now, Crimson Rain Sought Flower, Hua Chengzu, you may begin with your vows." 

"Your Highness I vow my entire existence to you." Just this one sentence was enough to put everyone speechless, some of the heavenly officials cried at the vow, and so did Xie Lian. 

He pondered over what he had done to receive such love, such selfless love. 

"Your Highness, Xie Lian, you may now begin with your vows." 

"Hua Cheng i vow to be the light in your world of darkness, i vow to catch you every single time you fall, i vow to be with you every single moment, i vow to protect you from your fears, i vow to be selfless in love, i vow to never make you feel lonely , i vow to be your sun and your moon, i vow to be your eternity, i too vow my entire existence to you and to you only." 

At this point, every single attendee was shedding tears, from Hua Cheng to Xie Lian, such intensity in their love is bound to break souls of the toughest. 

"I hope for nothing but happiness for the both of you- 

Just in that moment, everything went silent, everything went numb, Xie Lian could no longer hear the Guoshi or see his lover, in front of him was the shard of glass, that was the evidence of the forbidden hypnosis, he couldn't control himself and touched the glass, and there it was complete darkness, Xie Lian wanted to scream but he couldn't , he wanted to cry but he couldn't, he wanted to scream for help but he couldn't, he wanted to call out to Hua Cheng but he couldn't, he was fully paralyzed and then it began, the eternity of hell, a hell worse than his parent's death, hell worse than anything he ever felt before. 

Xie Lian saw himself killing his lover by his own hands , his own accord, he saw his lover disappear into nothingness as if he never existed. That was Xie Lian's one fear he never wanted to see in reality. But he did, he saw his own self killing his life, his lover with his own hands, how could he remain sane, he couldn't differentiate between reality and hypnosis. Despite complete paralysis, his eyes pained, they pained intently, his eyes felt the agony of his entire soul, Xie Lian who stood frozen began to shed tears, but not just any tears, tears of blood, real blood, the blood symbolized his pain he couldn't show or feel. Even though Xie Lian laid still in the hypnosis like state, everything was visible to his lover. 

Xie Lian now fell to his knees, his eyes pouring more and more tears of blood, his cry for help inaudible, he now fell to the ground, the last thing he heard was the gut wrenching scream of his lover. 

"GEGE!!!!"