alternate ending-II

AUTHOR'S NOTE: a lot of you really were waiting for the alternate ending huh? Now that makes me sad, anyways enjoy the chap :3

The Heavenly Court was in session, considering those present presumed the Heavenly Emperor to be dead. The Heavenly Officials were conversing on the investiture of the new Heavenly Emperor but two generals constantly argued against the mere suggestion of this proposition. 

"General Nan Yang you must not let personal emotions influence your decisions, you are a heavenly official!" 

"Oh yeah? What about you fuckers? Until he's the Heavenly Emperor he's the darling of the heavens but once he takes a fatal blow and chooses to give up his title, he's presumed to be dead?  Hell...It pains my pride to admit this but that son of a bitch Hua Cheng was right, you are heavenly scums, who keep a facade up just to enamor and fool those around you!!" Feng Xin wasn't going to let anyone succeed the throne until he was sure that Xie Lian was dead. 

"General Xuan Zhen please drill some sense into General Nan Yang he's spouting delusional nonsense!! The heavens will be in shambles if there isn't a heavenly emperor." Spoke one of the heavenly officials.  Mu Qing was contemplating whether he should be rational and pragmatic but for once he didn't listen to his mind. 

"Oh shut the fuck up...Feng Xin is right you fuckers are double faced backstabbers who only pretend to be soft spoken and godlike when it benefits you? Hah...And before any of you comments on appointing a new Heavenly Emperor let me ask you...Who's as formidable as Xie Lian...Go on name someone...You can't and you won't be able to because he's the most proficient Heavenly Emperor till date and he will continue to be. Until I am here, no one and their mothers can appoint another Heavenly Emperor."  Feng Xin was taken aback hearing Mu Qing who probably the first time took stand for his friends, he didn't hold back, Feng Xin felt even more backed up now that Mu Qing was on his side. 

"General Xuan Zhen what has happened to you? Since when do you act so reckless and selfishly?" 

"Selfish? Taking my best friend's side is being selfish? Then fuck it,  I AM SELFISH! Hell..I should have been this selfish those centuries ago..." Mu Qing was drowning in guilt. 

"General Xuan Zhen and Nan Yang are right and moreover we have no concrete evidence whether the heavenly emperor is evidently dead. We should trust Guoshi he won't let his student die so easily." Pei Ming comments. 

"Heavenly Officials let us consider the facts, Xie Lian has not been pronounced dead as of yet, we have no news from Guoshi, we can't act rashly and appoint another heavenly emperor, none of you can deny Xie Lian's prowess so let's wait. Let's dismiss the heavenly court for a while, we will see each other when we receive some concrete evidence." Yushi Huang comments. General Nan Yang and Xuan Zhen slightly bowed down to both these individuals who stood up for their best friend.

"Generals let's talk in private." Yushi Huang commands. 

"General let us join too." Spoke a man dressed in royal black and red attire, his locks tied up and he was accompanied by a graceful and elegant man dressed in royal white. 

"Yiling Laozu and Hanguang-Jun." Feng Xin and Mu Qing bowed in respect. All of them looked anxious as if they were awaiting the worst possible outcome.

"Please accompany us cultivators." Yushi Huang drew a distance shortening array to Pei Ming's private manor right in the tea ceremony hall.