sunset of the soul

5 months ago 

(Hua Cheng's POV) 

Just 5 months back, i was human, a normal teenager, unaware of the future miseries. At that time i didn't even remember anything of the past. But one night deep asleep, i wake up, only to see myself in the body of someone who's twice my age, who has a different attire, different hair, hell he wasn't human. 

It was this extravagant manor, it was as if the entire manor was painted with someone's blood, it was striking, i jolted awake only to find myself trembling due to the unknown sight. 

I was met by a woman dressed in rich attire, it was traditional Chinese attire, her face was like that of a god, her poised posture made me believe she didn't belong to the human realm. 

"I see you your awake Crimson Rain Sought Flower, i apologize for scaring you like this, i'm presuming you don't remember anything?" she asked.

I could only stare in response, i couldn't comprehend shit. 

"i-i where the fuck am i?" 

"you don't have to worry, i will explain everything bit by bit, i implore you to take some rest and then we can talk." 

Again i just stared in response as she walked away from the room. I instantly woke up to find myself staring in the grand mirror and holy shit I was 9ft tall and i looked as if i was a divine murderer, my brown eyes were crimson . Everything was fucking different. I could almost scream at the sight, what the fuck is this? one moment i was at my home with my parents and now i am at this unknown manor, i was going feral. 

And then i heard a familiar voice from across the room, "Hua." 

"He Xuan??" I practically ran towards him, i mean he is my best friend, but what the fuck is he doing here? And my god he looked like a different person altogether with long black hair, black traditional attire, he is supposed to be a goof ball not a fucking mass murderer. 

"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING HER- AND WHAT IS THIS OUTFIT YOU ARE WEARING?!" 

"HUA IF I KNEW WHAT THE FUCK WAS GOING ON, I WOULD BE BACK HOME AND WHO ARE YOU TALKING TO FUCKING LOOK AT YOURSELF SINCE WHEN WERE YOU THIS SCARY?!!!" he asked. 

"Dude this shit is weird, what the fuck is happening?" i asked my voice trembling, a million thoughts running through my head. 

"Crimson Rain and The other ghost king, how kind of you to bless us with your presence." spoke a man dressed in luxurious clothing, his heavy sword could almost slice us in half but it was his gaze i felt on me that made me tremble in fear.

"Who the fuck are you now?" He Xuan asked, since when was this fucker this fearless?

"Oh you don't remember me? What nonsense is this Mu Qing?" 

"I already told you dumbass both of them don't remember shit." spoke another who appeared out of nowhere. 

"OKAY FUCK THIS SHIT, WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?ONE MOMENT I WAS AT MY HOME AND NOW I AM AT THIS HORRIFYING PLACE SURROUNDED BY GOD KNOWS WHO? CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?" I shouted mustering every shred of courage left in me. 

"Since when was Crimson Rain this big of a pussy? it's laughable." This bitch. 

"We will explain everything only if you both compose yourself and come with me." the guy called Mu Qing replied. 

"Alright we'll go." 

The two of us moved behind these two scary dudes, as i began to scan this manor, the more i assessed it, the more i began to tremble, no way in hell this wasn't the scariest place i have ever been to. 

But as i was walking, my footsteps stopped at this weird opening, was it a window or just glass? but i could see this garden accompanied by the golden rays of the sun, it was the time of sunset, but in that instant my breath halted, i saw a man , he was dressed in all white, such divinity yet strange enough he had bandages all over his body, i wonder why but i felt my heart ache for the first time , i felt as if i could look at him for an eternity, just as i was about to see his face he disappeared with the disappearing rays of light, he went away. 

"Hua what the fuck are you doing?" 

I snapped back to reality, then began to catch up with He Xuan. Who was that man? my heart wouldn't stop beating ever since that moment. 

We then entered this huge hall, where there were shit tons of scrolls,  my god the sight enough was more terrifying than the manor itself. 

"Ling Wen can you just please explain them everything and see if they can remember anything if not we'll send them away." 

The woman sighed in agreement," alright, let's try this." 

"Both of you can you please come forward?" she asked and we complied. 

"Now let me explain everything, first of all you are in the heavenly realm, realm of the gods, and we three are heavenly officials, we work for the welfare of the heavens, I am Ling Wen, please refer to me as you'd prefer and these two gentlemen-" she said pointing towards those "gods".

"He is General Nan Yang and that is General Xuan Zhen, they both are martial gods, but you can call them as Feng Xin and Mu Qing." 

"Oh no, call me as General Nan Yang, dare not call me Feng Xin." what a bloody asshole, he's making my blood boil. 

"Can you shut up Feng Xin?!" 

"Anyways leaving out the two, we have summoned your souls here, as you can see you both are in different bodies unfamiliar to you, take no worry we won't make you stay here for long, that would only cause harm to your original bodies, well you can go further and ask me any questions you have." 

"why are we here? what do you need from us that you needed to summon our souls?" 

"well you see, you might have been the fucker who killed my best friend, so we ought to know if you remember killing him?" Feng Xin asked his voice and face expressing visible rage. 

"W-what your best friend? what the fuck are you talking about?" i asked. 

"Mu Qing i'm gonna go away otherwise i will kill this fucker." 

"General Nan Yang please have patience- the thing is Crimson Rain, you used to have a lover when you were present in this realm and in this body that you are possessing right now." 

"a lover? No, seriously what the hell are you talking about and why do you keep referring to me as "crimson rain" and  how could i have been in this body having this "lover" you talk about when i was at my home and the place i am familiar with." 

"The person who's body you are possessing right now was one of the four ghost kings, Crimson Rain sought Flower."