monarch of the shadows

"Hua you really are not going to do anything?" He Xuan enquired in presence of other confidants of Xie Lian.

"What am I even capable of doing? I am just as helpless as I was 800 years ago."

Nobody had ever seen Hua Cheng in such misery, it was a novelty to anyone and everyone, his crimson eyes now blood red, lacked any lustre, his face resembling a ghost.

"You are such a coward, you are gonna let go him so easily? All of you here, do you really believe Xie Lian could ever on his own accord ,ever do something like this? SNAP BACK TO REALITY WE ARE TALKING ABOUT XIE LIAN HERE!! THE ONE WHO SACRIFICED EVERYTHING TO SAVE PEOPLE WHO DIDN'T MEAN ANYTHING TO HIM, HOW BLIND ARE ALL OF YOU?

No wonder Xie Lian turned his back on each one us not only Crimson Rain but his closest companions I mean why wouldn't he? He knew each one of us, he knew that nobody would question anything except Hua Cheng so he targeted him and he knew which spot to hit to hurt his lover, face it he's the strongest and the most capable out of all of us, but didn't you question why he didn't even inflict a single scratch on us? We all know that man is the one who initiated the accounts of terror. He is manipulating Xie Lian."

Wei Wuxian's words hit like lightning, it instilled sense not only in the hearts of others who questioned Xie Lian's motives but also encouraged Hua Cheng.

"So Generals would you mind opening your mouths and enlighten us just who the fuck is that man and why does he know you and Your Highness?" Shi QingXuan spoke.

"He is Yu Yang, previously an ex-heavenly official like us who served Xie Lian when XianLe was still flourishing, not only me and Mu Qing were chosen as defenders of Your Highness he was chosen too." Everyone in the hall listened intently to the account however Hua Cheng wondered why he had never heard of this man from Xie Lian.

"But he wasn't just some ordinary official with an ordinary background, he was the son of Monarch of the Shadows."

Hua Cheng eyes widened upon hearing the name. He immediately stood up.

"What did you just say?"

"Yeah he is the son of Monarch of the Shadows, previously the impenetrable Ghost King who was once the wishful candidate chosen for becoming the Heavenly Emperor however that end up not happening and he committed suicide , in conclusion turned into a vengeful ghost king." Mu Qing replied.

"What about Yu Yang did the Ghost king fall in love with a ghost?"

"No, he fell in love with a heavenly official." Everyone's eyes widened, despite them being witnesses to such an event but such an affair igniting in the antiquity was a surprise to everyone.

"And Yu Yang was born , however not long after his birth his mother was assassinated by the heavens , she was once one of the most powerful and influential Heavenly Officials, who was also a potential candidate to be chosen as the Heavenly Emperor. Yu Yang was born a human he had no traits of being a ghost yet he possessed proficiency and visual prowess that of a hawk, he was intuitive and brilliant, He and Your Highness were once considered rivals but that was mere declaration from Your Highness, he could never be compared to Your Highness."

"So how did he die?" A man dressed in all white asked.

"That is still a mystery to us, once Your Highness and he were sent on a mission, but something happened there and in order to save Your Highness, Yu Yang sacrificed his life at least that's what Your Highness told us, we still don't believe it's even remotely possible." Feng Xin spoke.

"How are you so certain?"

"Because Yu Yang despised Your Highness, he was envious of him, he always felt such jealousy towards Lian however he always treated him as an equal, if possible Yu Yang would find any means to torment Your Highness yet alone sacrifice his life for him."

"Crimson Rain I'm presuming we are on the same page on this." Wei Wuxian asked the ghost king.

"Indeed, everything makes sense now, the shard of glass, gege's hypnosis like state, those accounts of terrors. Yu Yang is indeed the hypnotist and the hypnosis was always intended for gege, just like how Mu Qing mentioned he despised gege, so for him this hypnosis was the only way to torment him. What better way to cause him misery than to strip him away from his loved ones. If it wasn't for gege's luck he would have located him way before." Hua Cheng's eyes screamed rage.

"I understand that much but what would he gain from tormenting Your Highness, there must be something to gain?"

"There is never a greater pleasure in causing misery to the ones you despise, their misery is your biggest treat, true evil is beyond reasoning and rationality." Wei Wuxian replied.

"Yu Yang I will make sure that never again you are capable enough to torment anyone yet alone my lover, the one who will cause you endless misery would be me, I will make sure you beg and scream for death." Hua Cheng's words held utter certainty and infuriation bound to cause tremor amongst the evilest.