faint of heart

I finally left the heavens for good, i didn't look back at it there was something i desired more. I finally could read his letter and die. 

Guoshi took me through the passage that allows us to be close to the roots of the heavens. Guoshi told me he could not enter the passage since only those who choose to become one with the heavens are allowed to enter. 

"Lian i pray that one day you and Crimson Rain can be reunited again." 

"i would like that too." 

I entered the passage to my surprise it was an expanse of pure whites, absolute nothingness yet it was filled with light. I figured out i could finally read his letter and maybe the spiritual decay would begin. 

My fingers trembled upon opening the letter, tears rushing from my eyes. 

"San Lang you still need to work on your handwriting." 

Gege, i guess you are finally reading this letter i never intended to write a letter frankly because my handwriting would restrict your from understanding any of the words i've written but since i have practiced my calligraphy so much maybe this can be your wedding present from me, today is our wedding day i would want nothing more to be by your side the entire ritual but i realize there is much i wish to tell you, much i want to experience by your side, i always want to protect you. Gege I've pretty much told you everything about my past but there is still one part I didn't tell you mostly because in those moments I was vulnerable after becoming the Ghost King I tried to locate you but I couldn't no matter how much I tried i could never find you. One of those times I'd lost hope that we would never meet I couldn't shed tears since I was a ghost but the mere thought of being separated from you kills me, death for me is being separated from you. Being alive is being by your side and I just want to tell you that I would never leave you. 

"You liar, you did leave me alone look at me now, i'm going to finally end myself." 

"Hua Cheng if you forget me i will really kill you." 

"I know you can't hear me and honestly i feel like i'm losing consciousness but i want you to remember me just don't forget me, and if you do come back understand one thing i will be right by your side, my soul is always with you." 

Slowly i fell to the ground, my eyes losing sense of reality. 

"i-i guess this is the end."

Just before i would take my last breath i still called out your name hoping you would rescue me, 

"Hua Cheng." 

But that doesn't happen. 

(Third Person POV) 

The heavenly roots soon consumed all of Xie Lian's spiritual energy soon Xie Lian's soul turned the pale nothingness into caped jasmines. 

The ground was now witnessing it's first bloom, that's just how pure Xie Lian's soul was. But soon silvery flutters entered the pure expanse and gently placed themselves above the jasmines. 

"Xie Lian do you remember everything now?" 

"i-i do." 

"w-why would you do that?" 

"only if i could answer that." 

"Before we merge into one again, there is someone i have to meet, so wait for me would you?" 

"where are you going?" 

"just to meet a certain someone."