alternate ending-III

Xie Lian knew his lover could be at only one place...The Ghost City...the paradise manor. Xie Lian wouldn't lie but he was extremely anxious and undoubtedly regretful because he destroyed everything his lover took centuries to create with so much devotion and love. He hated himself for doing that, he could only redeem himself if he worked with Hua Cheng to re-do the manor and the city. 

Xie Lian found himself in what was earlier the main hall of the manor which was supremely opulent and extravagant but now it was reduced to mere ashes. For some reason Xie Lian couldn't locate Hua Cheng so he paced towards their bedroom and there he was ,Hua Cheng standing still staring at those ashes. Xie Lian knew he was upset, he went quietly and embraced his lover from behind, he couldn't look at him in the eyes anymore. 

"I'm sorry." Hua Cheng didn't reply for a second but he eventually did. 

"It's alright gege, we can always re-built it, though it might take some time but we will get this fixed." Hua Cheng loosened the grip to take a look at his lover.

"It's my fault for making you so furious and so hurt that you had to resort to doing this. I'm sorry gege." Hua Cheng said in a melancholic tone as he gently caressed his lover's face. 

"San Lang don't worry, I will help you to rebuild the paradise manor and the ghost city back to how it was...And then perhaps we can get married." Hua Cheng's eyes slightly widened upon hearing the word 'marriage', but he tried his best to keep his calm. 

"Yeah." He replied, his voice seemed dull and Xie Lian picked up on it. 

"Is something the matter San Lang? I've been noticing but seem you to not like the suggestion of us getting married." 

"That's not it gege."

"The what is it? Tell me I want to hear you out." Hua Cheng retracted his hand from his lover's face. 

"Let's talk about this some other time gege." If there is one thing that irked Xie Lian was how Hua Cheng always hid his aguish and his thoughts but Xie Lian wouldn't take it anymore, he wanted Hua Cheng to open up to him more. 

"San Lang why do you always hide your true feelings from me? Am I that trustworthy? Why can't you just be honest with me, it always feels as if you hide a part of yourself from me but on the contrary you know everything about me even things I don't know about myself." Hua Cheng didn't move one inch and neither did he agree nor disagree with Xie Lian's statements. 

"Why are so quiet? Tell me, why can't you just trust me? How much more time till you finally consider me your lover? What is it that I am lacking San Lang?" 

"You lack nothing gege, It's me who's flawed not you, not one bit." Before Xie Lian could continue Hua Cheng's next words struck Xie Lian like lightning. 

"It's better if we don't get married." Xie Lian couldn't move, he couldn't speak, words didn't come from his mouth, what was Hua Cheng even saying? Is it some other Hua Cheng that he perhaps he didn't know? Was it Yu Yang who cloned himself to become another Hua Cheng...That can't be it? Right. 

"W-what did you just say?" 

"Answer me...Why would you say that? San Lang you are saying that? Why? I don't understand it. You're really my San Lang aren't you?" Xie Lian paced towards Hua Cheng and looked him in the eyes. 

"Answer me dammit!! Why are you saying that? Why are you not answering me?" 

"A heavenly calamity and the heavenly emperor, doesn't it seem odd to you?" What the hell was even Hua Cheng saying? This couldn't be Hua Cheng, it's impossible, his San Lang would never say this.