divinity under influence

Such tremendous heavenly energy was enough to tremble every single being it didn't matter if it was the heavens or the hell. Even Hua Cheng could feel such a divine sensation. 

Xie Lian's eyes were still closed shut, his movements could not be called movements anymore for it felt as if he was teleporting. 

He instantly stood in front of Yu Yang and he removed the protective barrier for he knew this was the end. 

Hua Cheng could only ever imagine such a drastic change in the heavens, he had never witnessed anything like this before. 

"I said kneel Yu Yang." 

And just like that Yu Yang was on his knees, there was external energy that was pulling him towards the ground, he couldn't move an inch. 

"WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS???" 

Xie Lian now slowly opened his eyes. Such divinity.

"It's over now Yu Yang." And just like that the sword of a thousand twilights penetrated the torso of Yu Yang. 

The energy the sword possessed was able to destroy the most able of heavenly officials and ghost kings. 

"This ends now." 

Xie Lian immediately retrieved the sword. And look down at Yu Yang in disgust. 

"Gege!!!" And just like the two lovers embraced each other. 

"ARE YOU ALRIGHT??" 

"i'm alright San Lang don't worry, it's over now." 

"Lian are you alright??" 

"A-Xian, Hanguang-Jun, Shi, He Xuan, Mu Qing and Feng Xin, I lack words to express my thanks to all of you for staying with San Lang and for believing in me despite the brutality i showered upon each of you. Please forgive me." 

"Lian, you don't need to apologise, we are well aware of your woes and troubles you went through just to protect us, we are grateful to you." 

"Wei Ying is right, Your Highness we express our gratitude to you." 

"Xie Lian we're supposed to be best friends aren't we? So there is no need for apologising." Feng Xin says. 

"Lian, but i still don't understand how you managed to bring him under control, and just look at the moon it's completely red." Shi QingXuan asks. 

"That's because I harnessed the power of the sword of a thousand twilights. I will explain everything once we leave." 

"Gege, before we leave I wish to apologise and please let me." Hua Cheng says as he gazes at his lover. 

"I began to doubt you, hell, I began to doubt my love for you, i felt I was always helpless, i could never help you out whenever you needed me, i felt such misery and i got trapped in the maze. But gege I love you more than words can express, more than I can ever express, I am forever and always your most devoted believer." 

Without hesitating Xie Lian connected his lips with Hua Cheng's, something about this kiss felt strange to Xie Lian as if it were going to be their last. 

"LIAN!!! SEE CRIMSON RAIN YOU HAVE TAINTED MY PRECIOUS INNOCENT CHILD." Wei Wuxian screamed as he wiped his non-existent tears. 

But Xie Lian didn't realize he had committed a grave mistake, a mistake for which he would have to pay with his life. 

In an instant, the sword started sucking the life energy from Xie Lian. He didn't use the sword twice, that was one of the conditions Guoshi warned him of, otherwise he would have to pay with his life. 

Xie Lian fell to the ground, screaming in agony. The sword was hurriedly taking all of Xie Lian's life force, if this continued Xie Lian would be reduced into mere ashes within minutes. 

"GEGE WHAT'S THE MATTER??" 

"t-the sword, i-i didn't use it t-twice, now i-it's sucking my life force." Xie Lian could barely speak through the agony ,it was unbearable. 

Hua Cheng was very well aware that if Xie Lian doesn't use the sword again, it would kill him and he would not let that happen. A small smile appeared on his face, he kneeled down, and slowly drew Xie Lian's sword. He knew in this agony Xie Lian wouldn't realize what Hua Cheng was planning to do. 

"Gege look at me, just look at me." 

Xie Lian could barely manage to glance at his lover, but he did. 

"Gege draw your sword." 

Xie Lian could barely even move, but he did as his lover told him to. But his hands were trembling, at that point only they existed for each other. 

Hua Cheng's eyes escaped tears but he kept on meeting the gaze with his lover, he held Xie Lian's hands holding the sword and said,

"In another life gege, let's meet again." 

Xie Lian couldn't fully grasp what his lover said but then in an instant the sword penetrated through Hua Cheng. 

Xie Lian's unbearable pain stopped in an instant and he finally was able to breathe, but then he felt he was holding something and then he was met by his worst nightmare, his entire world came crashing down. 

Xie Lian stabbed Hua Cheng. The sight Yu Yang showed him came true.

"W-what i-is T-this?? SAN LANG WHAT IS THIS??? HOW???" 

"Shh, gege, it's okay, it's alright." 

"WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS!!!!!! NO NO NO NO!!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, SAN LANG!!!!" Xie Lian kept on screaming.

Xie Lian held his lover who was now disappearing into silver butterflies. 

"SAN LANG DON'T YOU DARE LEAVE ME AGAIN!!! DO YOU HEAR ME ? PLEASE DON'T LEAVE ME, I BEG YOU!!!" Xie Lian kept screaming, but Hua Cheng could only so utter one sentence. 

"Look at me." He said. "I will never leave you, we will meet again soon." 

"SHUT UP!!! JUST SHUT UP, DON'T YOU DARE YOU LEAVE ME!!!! HUA CHENG IF YOU DARE LEAVE ME I WILL FOREVER HATE YOU, SO DON'T YOU DARE LEAVE ME!!" 

"Gege, forgive me, but i don't have much time, just know one thing my soul is always with you." 

And just like that Hua Cheng disappeared into a million silver butterflies, putting an end to centuries worth of devotion. 

Hua Cheng lied, he himself didn't know if there ever was going to be another life.