dethroned devotion

"Hua drowning yourself in alcohol will not accomplish anything." Says a man dressed in black and red attire, his hair loose open, yet his face troubled. 

"Shut the fuck up, I don't need you to tell me what I can or can not do." replies a man dressed in loose fitted red attire, his hair loosely tied, lying on the floor like a dead corpse. 

"Hua doing this is not going to bring Your Highness back, if he saw you in this condition it would terribly hurt him." Said a man dressed in all white, who stood beside Wei Wuxian. 

"Leaving me didn't hurt him?" this reply almost left both the males in utter shock, hearing such words coming from Hua Cheng? One could only ever imagine to understand his pain. 

He continued ,"Leaving me didn't hurt him, murdering our relationship didn't hurt him, leaving the heavens in ruins didn't hurt him, killing millions didn't hurt him and you think seeing me drink alcohol would hurt him? HAH, you've surrounded yourself in delusions, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU!!!

At this point I don't care if he comes back or not, if he doesn't wish to be in this relationship then why should I? I begged him not to leave, i tracked his every move for 2 months just so I could stop him from hurting himself but it's as if he doesn't want to return or as if he never asked to be loved? I was ignorant when he so visibly told me he doesn't need me." 

Hua Cheng aggressively gulps down an entire bottle of alcohol as he manages to stand. But he hasn't said enough, he hasn't revealed everything, it's as if before he manages to say this one sentence he needs a push. 

"In the end i was just addicted to him." Hua Cheng's eyes widens at his own words but soon returns to the normal drunken eyes but he finally said what he didn't ever want to admit and that was questioning his own love, his feelings for his lover, but now he doubted them. 

"Hua you are not in the right state of mind, you are spouting nonsense, you must take some rest." Lan Wangji asserted but soon someone enters the scene. 

"Both of you mind leaving us alone for a bit? i wish to speak with him." He Xuan spoke ,his eyes radiating rage and his tone asserting dominance yet it was dead calm. 

"Are you sure He Xuan?" 

"Don't worry A-Xian, i'll deal with him." 

Both of them proceeded to leave as He Xuan proceeded to stand in front of his best friend who was in a horrible state. 

"That fucker got you into this state, Look at yourself you look worse than a corpse." 

"What the fuck do you want, just fuck off, I don't want to deal with you right now." 

"Nobody asked for your opinion, and who are you to speak with me like this? The Ghost King , The brutal heartless Hua Cheng? The Crimson Rain Sought Flower? Who's name upon hearing would tremble the hearts of the heavenly officials and even the previous heavenly emperor, but now you are not worth of even scaring off Qi Rong." 

"And what do you know?" 

"I know you are killing yourself slowly by lying to yourself." 

"Kill myself? I am already dead, I've died more time than i can count but you know i'm doing considerably better despite having this."

Hua Cheng holds the necklace that Xie Lian returned to him and aggressively holds it in the grip of his hand. 

"Hua." He Xuan says. "If you don't stop you will end up destroying not only yourself but you will destroy everything you have believed in from all these centuries, how come centuries worth of devotion has been reduced into mere ashes?" 

"That's called fate my dear friend, my very dear lover taught me that, you know what he told me it's very interesting let me recall it, YES!!, "we don't control our fates, we only control others" you know that's actually so deep this is why he was the Heavenly Emperor, always knew the truths of life more than me." 

Hua Cheng continued to gulp down alcohol trying to dissipate his helplessness. 

"Hua that's enough!!" He Xuan shouts as he throws the bottle away from his friend and destroys it into mere shards. Strangely enough Hua Cheng doesn't flinch or even move but he walks and bends down to pick up one of the shards of glass and stares at them as if he would see something in them. 

"You know He Xuan, a shard of glass destroyed us, a single shard, how come his hatred for him was somehow more powerful than my devotion for him? 

Maybe, maybe, the reason why the hypnosis worked on gege was because I never felt something like devotion for him? i think i was only ever addicted to him, that's why we broke apart just like this glass, never meant to be repaired." 

"Hua Shut the fuck up, do you even know what you are saying?" 

Hua Cheng turned a deaf ear to He Xuan ,he laid in the pile, in the shards of broken hope, he knew everything was ending, the epilogue to this epic was being written but by whom he didn't know. 

"Xie Lian congratulations you got what you wanted, I have finally lost you, your most devoted believer." A tear escaped Hua Cheng's eye.