alternate ending-V

Finally the sun of misery set, and we could finally enter the ethereal yet tranquil night. This entire saga felt like a never ending cycle of torment and eternal doom. But perhaps...things won't be so cruel as before, things won't be like that anymore. We won't let it.

"San Lang let's go meet everyone else...we have troubled a lot of people. They deserve our apology and our gratitude." 

"No can do...You're still hurt Gege...you stay here don't worry I'll bring them here." Hua Cheng gently caressed Xie Lian's face and then proceeded to walk out of the room.  Xie Lian leaned backwards taking the support of the bed frame. He let out a heavy sigh. 

"Finally...things have settled down." Xie Lian could only hope that nothing of this sort would ever happen again, he and Hua Cheng have escaped death almost twice or thrice at this point. 

Xie Lian's mind struck with something, the red string and his engagement ring, He stretched out his right hand to see whether his finger was still embraced with the ruby ring and luckily it was...it felt as if he had latched on to the last ray of hope like this ring. But Xie Lian realized he had brutally burnt that red string, and it was only after he had burnt it that things started going upside down, he was going to ask Hua Cheng to re-connect that string or else he won't satisfied. 

Xie Lian was drowning in his own thoughts but he was brought back to reality, by the collective footsteps of individuals who stepped into the room. Shi QingXuan and Wei Wuxian practically ran to Xie Lian and set next to him, they were relieved yet saddened by their best friend's condition. 

"I'm glad you're alright Lian, you almost gave me a heart attack!!." Shi QingXuan spoke up. Wei Wuxian still didn't speak anything. He just analyzed Xie Lian's condition. 

"Do you both feel okay?" Feng Xin asked Hua Cheng, which only made Mu Qing choke on air, he never expected Feng Xin would ever willingly speak with Hua Cheng. 

"Yeah, he's fine...still a bit weak from the stab wounds but I'm here nothing is going to happen to him." 

"And what about you?" 

"If gege almost sacrificed himself for me, how come I can be anything less than being on top of the world." Mu Qing's eyes widened upon hearing the conversation between Hua Cheng and Feng Xin, how was Hua Cheng even replying to Feng Xin. 

"Hua come with me and Hanguang-jun for a moment." He Xuan called out to Hua Cheng who was standing next to Lan Wangji. Hua Cheng followed the other two males to an empty room away from Xie Lian's room. 

"What is it?" 

"Are you okay?" He Xuan spoke up, he looked concerned for his best friend. 

"What's going to happen to me? I'm fine." 

"I am not one who gets easily enraged...but Hua Cheng you're getting me quite furious...just answer what he asked honestly?" 

"Finally that demonic cultivator's influence is showing up on you Hanguang-Jun~". He Xuan's eyes darkened, he knew his best friend was keeping up a facade, he wanted Hua Cheng to learn how to open up, He and Lan Wangji only wished for him to be alright. But Hua Cheng never revealed his true intensions. He Xuan paced towards Hua Cheng and tightly gripped his attire. 

"YOU BASTARD I SWEAR TO GOD!! YOU FUCKING GET ON MY NERVES!!!! LOOK WE UNDERSTAND YOU'RE CONCERNED ABOUT YOUR HIGHNESS...ALL OF US ARE!!! BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN YOU CAN NEGLECT YOURSELF LIKE THIS!!! JUST TELL US WHAT YOU ARE FEELING...WHY THE HELL YOU ALWAYS TO KEEP EVERYTHING INSIDE THAT ONLY ENDS WITH YOU LOSING YOUR GODDAMN MIND!! HUA WE ARE NOT YOUR ENEMIES...WE ARE YOUR FRIENDS."