dear ghost

(back to present) 

(Hua Cheng's POV) 

"XIE LIAN WATCH OUT!!!!" I saw him get hit by a car, i ran towards him he was covered in his own blood, i trembled watching him in such a state. 

"XIE LIAN WAKE UP!!!!" 

"GEGE WAKE UP!!!!!" 

Soon we rushed him to the hospital, he was rushed to get an operation. He suffered major damage to his brain and legs. I didn't leave the hospital for a single day, all of this happened because of me, because of me he might die. 

"Hua you should really get some rest, it's been a week." 

"I won't leave him alone." 

"You heard the doctors didn't you? he's going to be alright luckily he was saved because of you." 

"because of me he got into an accident, he could have died because of me, he would have died again because of me." 

"Hua at least get some rest, let me drive you back home." He Xuan said in visible worry. 

"i won't leave until he wakes up." 

"alright then get some sleep." 

How can I sleep when I know he's suffering because of me but i don't know how but i fell asleep and then- 

"San Lang." 

"how is it you always you paint with such devotion?" 

I saw him, I saw gege he was standing in that chamber, it was him from those centuries ago, he was there i knew he was. I instantly jolted awake and ran all the way back to my home. 

I knew he was there, he was waiting for me. He came back for me. My house still pitch black but i didn't care i ran towards that room and screamed for him, 

"GEGE!!" 

"I KNOW YOU ARE HERE STOP HIDING FROM ME!!" 

"YOU NEED TO ANSWER ME NOW!!!" 

And then just when i had thought it was all an illusion, 

"So future husband when are we to be wed?" His voice, just from that one sentence tears rushed down from my eyes, it was him, he still sounded like my gege. 

"So you really aren't going to look at me?" I didn't waste a single moment and embraced him, at this point i was sobbing out of my wits. 

"WHY DID YOU DO THAT TO YOURSELF?!! I TOLD YOU I WOULD COME BACK!!" 

"San Lang isn't that being too selfish? You left me behind and are asking me why i decided to die? Do you know the hell i went through without you, not being able to see you, not being able to touch you, not being able to embrace. DO YOU KNOW HOW PAINFUL THAT WAS??!!" His words hit me, they pained me. 

"I'm sorry gege, i'm sorry for everything." 

"And i'm sorry for not believing that you would come back." 

"Gege please don't leave again, i can't do this anymore, not being able to be with you." 

"So can't I, but don't you think it's time we end everything?" I break off our embrace and face him. 

"what do you mean?" 

"forget me." 

"w-what did you just say?" 

"forget me Hua Cheng forever." 

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU SAYING??!! I WON'T EVER FORGET YOU!!!" 

"i know this is why I'm here, i will make sure you forget. i want you to live a happy life at least for once, even if it doesn't mean being with me i am willing to accept it." 

"GEGE DO YOU EVEN REALIZE WHAT YOU ARE SAYING RIGHT NOW?!!" 

"I do, look at me, just look at me would you?" 

"San Lang yes we have been tied by fates, we were destined to meet, but you do realize we are not meant to last, whenever and wherever we will meet, we are destined to part. So this time before someone else does that for us we should do ourselves a favor and part ourselves." 

"gege please don't do this, please." I instantly was embraced by gege again, despite being in such pain his arms hold comfort. 

"Shhhh, now you listen to me and understand one thing I am always with you, my soul is always with you, wherever you are I am with you, you won't be able to see me but you will always feel me and we will meet beyond this world of contradictions, agony, limitations. I will meet you in that beautiful world, i will be waiting dressed in that same bridal attire sitting in that carriage waiting for you to hold my hand." 

"gege please don't do this." 

"you will come right?" 

"I will, just let me embrace for now." 

Both of us knew there is no world beyond contradictions and this is the last time we will see or remember each other, everything will fade away. But i still believe we will meet again at last to last. 

For now what mattered for us was the comfort in each other's arms only if this could go on for an eternity. 

"San Lang it is time I have to leave." 

"please let me embrace you." 

"s-san lang please." 

"no." 

At that moment Xie Lian broke off our embrace and kissed me one last time, but this kiss was painful our tears accompanied our separation, once my kiss broke his barriers and now his was going to make me forget us forever. He whispered one last time before disappearing forever, 

"i love you."