crimson veil of the moon

"Don't even dare to think about hurting my lover. I won't hesitate to burn you into ashes." Xie Lian said as he stood majestic as ever, dressed in pure white clothing so sure of himself, he was once again the Heavenly Emperor that everyone knew and loved. His eyes reverted back from those filled with void. 

He faced towards his lover who was still on ground on his knees, Xie Lian's eyes allowed tears to escape, he knew Hua Cheng was told everything considering his condition. He wanted to embrace his lover and so he did. 

Hua Cheng's eyes widened at the gesture, he felt the warmth of his lover, he couldn't remember the last time he felt it, but despite their reunion Hua Cheng was drowned in his own sorrows and regret, he doubted Xie Lian, he even so began to doubt his love for Xie Lian, how could he forgive himself for something like this? He didn't deserve Xie Lian. 

"Gege, i am sorry, please forgive me, I doubted you, i doubted you, How could I?" 

Xie Lian could only comfort his lover, he felt such comfort in his arms. 

"Shh, you don't have to apologize for anything, you did nothing wrong, i should be begging for your forgiveness, i said such ruthless things to you, I was out of my mind!!! It was my mistake for not telling you, If i told you we could have found at least some solution and fought against him together ,maybe things wouldn't even have escalated to this extent, i should have trusted you, but I didn't I was scared that I was going to lose you." 

"Gege, you don't have to apologise for anything, now we are together, we will fight against our fates." 

Both the males intently looked at each other, it felt as it had been centuries, they had been yearning for each other. 

But just that very instant, blood came out from Xie Lian's mouth. 

"XIE LIAN!!!!" 

Turned out Yu Yang had stabbed Xie Lian. 

"you will pay for this with your life Xian Le." Yu Yang's demonic aura almost entered through Xie Lian. 

"GEGE!!!" Xie Lian was extremely strong but even for him this stab was hurtful but he won't let it show in front of his lover. 

"i-im alright San Lang." He tried to maintain his balance and with the support of his lover he finally could stand. 

"Xian Le how could you do this? Such brutality towards me, who has been so kind to you?" 

"Kindness? Don't make me laugh you fucker, it's over now, we all will protect Lian." Wei Wuxian spoke up. 

"No, all of you step back, Let me end this, i don't want even a single scratch to be inflicted on any of you." Xie Lian spoke up as he drew his sword. 

"Gege, this time I won't let you fight alone, i won't let you." 

"San Lang, listen to me. This is a fight not between me and this fucker but between my past self and my current self, i need to be able to move forward, and the only way I can do this is by destroying him, I am right here I won't ever leave again, just trust me." Xie Lian said he smiled at his lover.