alternate ending-IV

Empathy (共情, Gòngqíng) is a technique that allows a cultivator to experience the past memories of a ghost or a fierce corpse. 

Empathy involves channeling a spirit to see their past memories. Memories are shared exactly as experienced, with an emphasis on emotional state and feeling.

Empathy is considered to be extremely dangerous, with a high risk of insanity and complete bodily possession. Thus, the caster using Empathy requires a supervisor to preside over the ritual, equipped with a code to pull them out of the trance if evidence of possession occurs. 

"Hua Cheng is a ghost so this is bound to work, but we need to make sure we only see his recent memories before his spiritual depletion. We can't see through his memories of the past thousand years, It will risk all three of us to the brink of insanity and bodily possession." Wei Wuxian says dead calm, he and Lan Wangji realize the heavy responsibility on their shoulders. They couldn't let anything happen to Xie Lian at the same time they needed to protect Hua Cheng. 

"Wei Ying his spiritual core is depleting at a rapid force, we can't intensionally brush past the memories  we intend to see, his soul will guide us itself. Your Majesty do not leave our side, Gusu Lan sect's spiritual barrier will protect you." This statement instilled fear within Xie Lian but he was also curious to see his lover's memories, the ones his own soul permitted. 

And so began the series of memories of Crimson Rain Sought Flower. 

Xie Lian, Wei Wuxian, Lan Wangji found themselves in a small hut in a dilapidated condition, in front of them were two figures. A woman who looked fairly beautiful and elegant who was embracing a small child of five years, he had a bandage over his one of his ruby eyes. 

"A-Niang...They all bullied me again for my red eye."  

"Hong Hong'er, you mustn't listen to them...Do you know one of the most precious gem is crimson in color?" 

"Really?" 

"Of course, it's called a Ruby, they are extremely precious and extravagant...Only those who are lucky will attain that gem... And look at you, you are born with it, isn't that lovely?" 

"A-Niang...But when will others understand that my eye is not a curse.." 

"My darling child, things of beauty can't be understood by everyone...One day you will meet someone who will not only treasure your eye but also your entire existence." 

For a split second, Xie Lian felt as if Hua Cheng's mother had looked and smiled at him ...Just for a second. Then the memory switched to the Shenwu Street, the day Hua Cheng met Xie Lian for the first time. 

Xie Lian didn't recall but he now was seeing Hua Cheng's expression as he was held by his past self, tears escaped his eyes. Wei Wuxian, held his hand, he knew how immeasurably painful it must be to firsthand witness your lover's painful memories. 

The memory switched again, now the child Hua Cheng stood a few feet away from Xie Lian's statue, it was raining heavily almost like a deluge. Hua Cheng's eye again was covered with bandages. He was staring intently at the statue, when he began running towards the statue as if he had committed himself towards something. 

Another memory switch happened, now Xie Lian, Wei Wuxian, Lan Wangji eyes' were shot wide open, Hua Cheng who now seemed like a teenager was on ground bleeding profusely. 

"I can't die here...I can't die here...I need to live for him."  Xie Lian almost fell to his knees seeing this condition of his lover but Wei Wuxian held him.