a misty memory

"because it's you." 

I just stared right into his eyes, it was inescapable, a trance or a hypnotic potion. Why does he feel so familiar?

"Xie Lian, we're getting late." Hua Cheng lets out a soft laugh. 

Oh shit, i let my guard down yet again. I immediately moved away from him, and started sprinting towards his car hiding my flushed face, but as i moved away i could still feel his gaze upon me. 

The drive was unbearably quiet, usually i adore the silence, but today it was unbearable.I repeatedly turned my gaze to Hua Cheng, just the complexity of his sculptured face. I would do anything to escape this situation.

"So you transferred here from America?" I asked, that is a shocker even to me. Hua Cheng's lips turned into a soft smile. 

"Yeah, i did, i came here a month ago, then had find schools and all that shit." 

"Why tho? i'm sure this place isn't all that as compared to the US." 

"Actually i hated the states, my parents sent me there to study when i was about 12, but i couldn't help but reminisce this city, there is something very precious to me here, i can't stay away from it for too long." 

Just the way he was narrating his life story, i was intrigued by it, it made me want to know him even more. 

"And i'm guessing that is your girlfriend or maybe a boyfriend perhaps?" 

"And here i thought you weren't interested in me." he says, his tone is deceiving. This throws me off guard a bit, if i think about it , when was the last time i was even remotely interested in knowing if someone had a gf or bf, that sort of thing is ridiculous to me. 

"Just killing time." 

"You have an answer to everything don't you?" 

I wish i did.

"I think we've reached." I say. 

I see his face turn into a visible glum, i wonder why. 

"Thank you for the ride Hua Cheng." my tone unexpectedly sounds grateful for once. 

"Call me San Lang." 

San Lang, where i have I heard this name? it sounds so familiar. 

"Thank you, San Lang." I say as i move towards the school gates, surprisingly enough he doesn't make his way out but i seemed to ignore it. 

"gege, it's been too long since i've heard you call out to me with this name."