us withered in ashes

"Xian Le, good job there, i am throughly impressed but i must hear your choice with utmost clarity."

"Common People, i will kill how many you want me to." Xie Lian replied.

"Still so soft and fragile, aren't you much of an actor? you didn't let a single tear escape, such coldness. Terrific." Yu Yang said as he began to caress Xie Lian's cheek however Xie Lian slapped his hand away.

"Shut your trap and tell me who do we have to kill and how many?"

"Kill millions and choose whoever you want I have no say, it's your choice, I would be a mere spectator to such a spectacle. I want to see misery ." Yu Yang's cruelty saw no bounds.

"Alright, but first I need a mask, I prefer not to show my face."

"Your wish is my command, white clothed calamity."

From here and out there was no Heavenly Emperor, Heavens lost it's most proficient emperor from its conception. Xie Lian became what he feared , loathed, the who caused such misery to his past and his people. He became not only his own enemy but the enemy of every being be it heavens or the ghosts. Massacre of the commons was the prologue to a long written tragedy.

But just before Xie Lian could begin writing his own catastrophe, he still had some unfinished business he wished to end.

"I have agreed to whatever you asked of me but before we begin the massacre i have some unfinished business i seek to finish, And i want no interference from you, after I return in no means would I seek any association or help from the heavens or the earth."

"Oh but what if you won't return?"

"I will."

"Alright then 2 days, all yours, if you don't return I will make sure I slaughter everyone even remotely close you." His voice was bound to cause tremble and instill great fear.

"No need for that."

Xie Lian concealed his spiritual aura so no one would recognize him in the paradise manor, he wished to see his lover once, he still remembers the cruelty he bestowed upon him, the red thread of fate that his lover ever so delicately attached to him he burnt it so shamelessly.

He entered the paradise manor and overheard the conversation between his confidants.

"What the fuck is going on? Xie Lian turned rogue and this Crimson Rain is still in the state of hypnosis, How strong is that hypnosis and how can Xie Lian even use it? This bullshit is bound to ruin the heavens."

"Will you just shut the fuck up? Shouting and complaining about the situation is not going to help , Xie Lian has lost his shit, there is nothing we can do, didn't you see how he treated Crimson Rain do you even remotely believe we are capable of even reaching out to him?"

Xie Lian was in utter distress, he hurt so many but what was killing him inside was that he did it intensionally. He walked away from the scene and walked to his and Hua Cheng's bedroom.

As he entered the bedroom he saw his lover laying still , no movement, he wasn't used to seeing Hua Cheng in such a dreadful condition, tears escaped his eyes. He sat near him and held his hand.

"In the end we really couldn't get married."

"I came here because i wanted to talk with you, there are a lot of things I want to say and I will say it but i can't let you wake up until I leave, i won't be able to leave if you woke up.

Its quite rare seeing you this calm San Lang, you know i was so ecstatic about our marriage and everything was just how I pictured it to be but I guess I really am not suited to be happy, I made a mistake, I should have told you when i got that nightmare but i guess I was always very dumb.

I just know after this moment, I can never see you again, So just let me blabber everything, I know you can't hear me and I want you to not remember any of this, I just am really sorry, I just wish we could have had more time , there are still so many things I want to see and do with you ,but our fates already had something else planned. You know that time at the altar you vowed your existence to me? Please don't, just don't ever, your life isn't worth so much agony, you must be happy, at all costs and I want you to hate me, I won't be able to this if you don't despise me, your love is gonna drag me down and I will break apart and maybe return back to you but that will cost you your life and I will make sure never again you have to sacrifice yourself for me. Now it's my turn to protect you.

No matter what happened, those incomplete wedding rituals I do not care, you have always been and always be my husband.

But now I have to go, i still have some unfinished business left. And there is something I want to return to you." Xie Lian removed the necklace from his neck which had Hua Cheng's ashes.

"I am not worthy of this."

"Let's meet in another life Hua Cheng. Thank you for everything."

Xie Lian said as he kissed his lover on the lips, tears streaming down his eyes, he undid the hypnosis and disappeared from the paradise manor.

Hua Cheng's eyes shot wide open, he jolted open,But as he began to assess the situation he found himself wearing the very necklace containing his ashes, he knew Xie Lian was here, he knew he was here and he wanted to see him so desperately but there was nothing he could do , Hua Cheng for the first time felt there was nothing he could do to help his lover. Nothing.