crimson veil of the moon

"Oh you're back?"

"Oh yeah I am."

"Who did you go to meet?"

"that's a secret."

"So we're going to merge now?"

"look at yourself again."

I was suddenly back into the body of him, i was dressed in the same traditional attire bandages all over my body.

"You can hear me can you?"

"i can surprisingly."

"not for long because we would become one very soon, and sorry i lied to you."

"about what?"

"we are not going to go back."

"understandable, we kind of made the choice to sacrifice our soul to the heavens, so we obviously don't get to go back."

"yeah we don't."

"still I'm glad i could be with him even if it was for a bit, it felt right i hope we can meet again."

"i hope too."

And that day Hua Cheng lost any memories related to Xie Lian whether from the past or the present. Xie Lian died that day from his memories and in the present life. Yet whenever Hua Cheng sees the moon his heart aches, vividly aches but he doesn't remember for whom. Yet the sky bleeds every day for the lovers, the heavens reminisce their love, the hell aches for their resistance.

(The End)

Authors Note: well that was certainly one hell of a ride, this might be my favourite fan fic I've written till date made me go through millions of emotions at once, anyways don't forget to vote and comment on the story and share if you'd like and I hope you had a great time reading it ig?