pretense-III

"t-this is a painting of me, w-why would you do that?" 

"i'm sorry i knew you wouldn't like it." 

"NO, it's not that, it's unrealistic yet it's beautiful, but why would pick me as a subject for your painting?" I faced him. 

"because it could only ever be you." What is that supposed to mean? I don't look at myself, i hate mirrors and this is a possible mirror but it is impossible, only if i ever looked this good, it's his art style, it's me from his eyes. 

"i don't get it, how do I look like this in your painting, it must be your distinct art style." But Hua Cheng's face was visibly confused.

"So you think the way this painting looks is because of my art style and not because you look that beautiful?" 

"Of course i don't look half as beautiful as this painting, i look like i am a certified douche bag."I let out soft giggles to hide what i truly felt but only if that would even work on this man, he reads my mind. Hua Cheng slowly moves towards me, he gently caresses my cheek with his soft sculpted fingers. 

"Lian can you stop making yourself so horrible all the time? the way my painting turned out this way wasn't because i chose a certain art style or color i painted you just the way you are, i like you just the way you are, i find you pretty, i only find you most beautiful." My heart is beating at a crazed rate, nobody has ever said this to me i can't seem to register this, is it okay if i feel happy? But what if I get hurt later-

"Stop thinking and look at me." He halted my thinking process, i looked at him. 

"Just look at me." And then it was as if i heard a soft melody mesmerizing my ears, soft petals touching my skin, his soft lips embracing mine, i don't hesitate, i won't hesitate. Something about being with him at this moment, it feels as if it was written prior, a chapter in someone's tragedy or perhaps fairytale only time will tell. 

He slowly breaks off the kiss, i feel blood rushing to my cheeks i could never get used to this.But my eyes caught attention of something some papers with horrible handwriting, was it supposed to be our language or just something else. I went forward and skimmed through those papers. 

"what is this San Lang?" 

"Oh i sometimes do some of my school work, so it must be that." 

"Is this your handwriting?" 

"yes." And that was the end of it, i began laughing like a maniac for a man who's face looks as if it's sculpted by the gods and his art like a visual poetry but his handwriting is as if ink has been smeared on the paper. I laughed for a good 5 minutes before i could catch my breath. 

"oh my god, i haven't laughed like this in so long."

"i could see." He smiled softly. Why does he gaze at me like that? As if he wants to apologise for something, something unforgivable. The melancholy in his gaze pains me. 

"Do you want to practice for the dance competition a bit?" 

"I thought you weren't going to participate?" 

"well i changed my mind." 

"so have you thought of any song?" I ask.

"there could never be a song better than 'red lights' for a duo performance and come on the lyrics are damn good." i practically choked on air, is he nuts? Red lights for a school performance? 

"are you dumb? Red lights for a school dance performance?" 

"Who's gonna care, it's not as if they would know what we are going to perform if there are any repercussions we can deal with them at that particular moment, right now let's at least practice a bit of the choreography."