tragedy of existing

Xie Lian jolted awake, it was still nighttime, he checked his surroundings, he was in the paradise manor, next to him resting was his lover, who's face looked like one of a ghost, he looked terrible, he must have been crying, Xie Lian thought. 

But at that moment everything he heard and saw came back striking like lightning, Xie Lian wanted to scream, and cry as hard as possible, he wanted to die.  Xie Lian no longer had any light in his eyes, he was in every manner empty. 

But just as he was about to make a way out of the bed, he saw his lover waking up. His lover looked miserable, he looked as if he was about to cry again. 

"Gege? GEGE!!!" Hua Cheng instantly embraced his lover not wanting to let go of him. It was no shock to say Hua Cheng's hands were trembling, just the mere thought of Xie Lian not waking up was as close to death he ever wanted to get. 

His crimson eyes allowing tears to escape. 

"Gege you know how scared I was ? Y-you didn't wake up for a week, i was scared out of my wits, you just fainted at the altar and then tears of blood started escaping your eyes, there was nothing I could do, there was nothing, i felt so helpless, i couldn't help you." 

Yet there was no response from Xie Lian, in all honesty he didn't even hear his lover, but his eyes caught the attention of the rain outside the window, he wanted to feel something, he wanted to let himself feel human. 

Xie Lian removed his lover's arms from his waist and just like an empty doll, he started walking out of the room, no words, no tears, just complete emptiness. 

"Gege? Gege where are you going?" 

Xie Lian walked past everyone he was special to, he didn't even notice anyone, he just knew it was raining and he wanted to feel the rain, that was the only desire. 

"LIAN!!!" 

"Crimson Rain what the hell is he doing??" 

"Shut the fuck up." Hua Cheng's demonic aura spread across like a wildfire, he had never felt such rage and helplessness. 

Xie Lian kept on walking, making his way out of the manor, it really was raining, it was pouring to say the least, maybe there was someone up in the sky who sympathised with him. Just Maybe? 

"Gege." Tears escaping from Hua Cheng's eyes yet dissolving in the rain. 

Xie Lian faced right at the sky, the empty void of the sky comforted him, but just as he felt the complete paralysis wearing off, he fell to his knees. 

He knew he had to make a devastating choice and he knew if he did, he wouldn't want to live a day longer but he couldn't kill himself, he couldn't die, but he had no choice. 

He laid in the rain surrounded by this labyrinth of logic and irrationality. But he had to let himself hurt, the only way he could feel.

Just then, The Ghost King, the ghost city, the present heavenly officials were met with such a scream that was bound to terrorize the souls of the lifeless, such agony, such helplessness, one could never comprehend the pain of the heavenly emperor.