Chapter 9 : Day one

"I can't bear to see them anymore. I think we should stop this experiment," the girl pleaded.

"Just a little longer, Cessie," a man said to her. Cessie couldn't bear to see the subjects they sent into the maze.

"They've tried their best. What else do we want to test?" Cessie asked.

"Just follow their instructions for now," the man said, glancing at the people engaged in various activities in the lab where they worked.

"Thomas, look at this," a girl said to the man who was talking to Cessie.

"Look. They're almost there. I have created several serums that will soon be tested on a few individuals," the girl said.

"Are you sure, Teresa?" Cessie asked.

Before she could answer, the woman in the white suit approached.

"Good job, kids. It's not in vain that we've kept you and trained you with discipline," she said.

"What about the serums you've created? Tell her, Teresa," Cessie said.

Teresa then began to explain.

"This serum was taken from one of the subjects in Group B. But it's not enough to eliminate the virus in the bloodstream. It can only slow down the process of transformation in humans," Teresa explained.

"That's because you didn't take everything they had," the woman said.

Cessie, who understood the woman's intention, could only take a step back. Her mind was in turmoil.

"We can't do it," Thomas said.

"What do you mean, Ava?" Cessie asked the woman in the white suit.

"Yeah, you must already know. Take everything they have. All the fluids that can produce the serum," Ava said.

"But not in Group B. We have to search in Group A. They are superior to the other groups," Teresa explained.

"It's not possible," Cessie said.

"I can't continue it," Cessie said.

Ava seemed to walk closer to her.

"Wicked is good"....

"Cessie.."

"Cess.."

Cessie's POV ...

"Wake up Cessie!"

I woke up from the nightmare that has haunted me since I first arrived here.

"Hey, are you alright?" the man asked...

"I'm fine, Newt," I said.

"Hey, sorry for waking you up so early," he said.

Morning? It's still dark here.

"Is it morning already? Why is it still dark?" I asked.

"It's 5 o'clock, greenie," Newt said.

"Come on, go to the Frypan. The Runners are waiting for you," Newt said.