Chapter 27 : The fight

Author's POV...

It was a beautiful morning to start the day. Around eight in the morning, Newt walked to the hut where Cessie was staying. Teresa and Cessie each had their own huts because Teresa had told Newt that she didn't want to share a bed with Cessie. Newt didn't know why she didn't want to share with Cessie.

Newt walked up to the sleeping girl.

He stopped when he reached the side of her bed. The girl seemed to enchant Newt. He couldn't even look away from Cessie's face.

Her face was illuminated by the sunlight that pierced through the hole in the roof of the hut, shining directly on her face. Newt gazed at the girl, enjoying every sight he saw. She was truly beautiful.

Her closed eyes revealed long eyelashes, lips as rosy as a rose, a pointed nose, and thick eyebrows that gave the girl a sexy impression.

Suddenly...

"NOO!!" The girl screamed.

Newt was startled and quickly tried to calm her down.

"Hey, hey. Are you okay?" Newt asked Cessie. She was gasping, clearly affected by a nightmare.

Realizing it was just a dream, she held her head in her hands and groaned in frustration.

"It's okay. It was just a dream," Newt reassured her.

Cessie took a deep breath, exhaled, and then looked at Newt.

"Hey, what do you see?" Cessie asked, waving her hand in front of Newt.

"I don't know. I'm just enjoying the view that's rarely seen in the Glade," Newt said, then brought his face closer to Cessie's.

"Uhm... Newt?" Cessie called, moving her body back slightly because Newt was slowly getting closer to her face.

"Cessie, I just want you to know that I like you so much." Newt's statement widened Cessie's eyes in surprise.

Slowly but surely, his face got closer to hers. The girl closed her eyes as Newt began to kiss her lips. She didn't know what else to do. She closed her eyes, imagining that the person in front of her was Minho, but she couldn't resist.

Newt got lost in every movement of the girl's lips.

Suddenly, someone slammed the door of the hut so hard that it came off the handle, interrupting Cessie and Newt's activity.

___________

On the other side, Thomas, Minho, and several Runners were getting ready to start their mission in the maze. They were seen putting on their vests.

"Where are you going, Minho?" Thomas asked.

"Get ready, guys. I'm going to call Cessie. She's ready to join us again," Minho said.

"Yes! Finally, you're bringing her back," one of the Runners exclaimed.

"Put her in my team, Minho," another one said.

"Just stay quiet!" Minho snapped, then walked towards the hut.

"Oh God, should I bring Teresa too?" Thomas asked Minho.

"What the hell, Thomas? It's like you're bringing food for the Grievers," Minho retorted, starting to move away from them.

Upon arriving at the hut, Minho's eyes burned as he stared at two people engaged in a rare activity.

Before Newt could say anything, he was thrown to the ground by a punch from the newcomer.

"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?!" Minho yelled as he pinned Newt to the ground and punched him again barehanded, causing Casey to scream for help.

"STOP IT!! STOP IT, MINHO!!" Casey screamed, pulling the man away from the now prone Newt.

"DON'T! - TOUCH! - HER!!" Minho roared with anger, accompanying each word with a punch.

Cessie cried as she hugged Minho from behind, pleading for him to let go of Newt.

The Gladers nearby heard the commotion and ran towards the source of the noise.

Gally entered the hut, followed by Frypan and several other Gladers, to see what was happening.

Seeing the scene, Gally immediately pulled Cessie away from Minho and turned to Minho, urging him to back off.

"WHAT'S GOING ON, MINHO?!" Gally asked, looking at Minho, then at Cessie and Newt.

Clint and Jeff, who had just arrived, helped Newt to his feet.

"I warned you yesterday, Minho. But you had to interrupt me," Newt said as he wiped the blood from his lip.

Teresa and Thomas then pushed their way in to see what was happening.

"Hey, hey, what's this?!" Thomas exclaimed, pulling Teresa away from running towards Minho and Newt.

Newt, looking at Teresa, spoke up, "You kissed him yesterday, didn't you? In front of all the Gladers? And no one scolded you for it." Newt fell silent for a moment.

Minho was gasping, his anger still not subsided.

"Me? I kissed her, not in front of everyone, and you come here to punch me?" Newt continued.

The Gladers were shocked to hear that Newt had kissed Cessie.

Even Gally was taken aback.

"You're all at fault! You broke the first rule! NO ONE HURTS A MEMBER OF THE GLADE!" Gally stated firmly.

"Alby would be so disappointed," Thomas muttered sadly as he watched them.

"Take Newt to the Med-jack!" Gally commanded.

Thomas then grabbed Minho and faced him.

"What are you doing? We need to leave now! Come on!" Thomas urged.

"Break it up, break it up! Back to work," Chuck said, and they all began leaving the hut.

"I guess I'll ask the builders to fix this door," Frypan said as he moved the broken door.

Cessie walked past Minho without saying a word. The girl followed Clint and Jeff, who were carrying Newt.

Minho walked with Thomas towards the maze door. There, their Runner friends were waiting.

"Hey, Minho, did you just get into a fight?" someone asked.

"Shh... don't ruin his mood," Thomas whispered.

"He had a fistfight with Newt," Thomas continued. The man Thomas was referring to then covered his mouth.

"Damn! Crazy morning. I feel like killing someone right now," Minho said with a deadly look, making those around him afraid.

"Don't be afraid. I won't kill you guys," Minho said.

The Runners immediately looked at Minho and smiled.

"At most, I'll just kick you into the Griever if you ask about what happened in that damn hut," Minho said, making them pout.

"Okay, here's the plan. Three days ago, when Thomas, Alby, and I were trapped, Thomas killed a Griever. He let the Griever into the maze wall that was closing, and the wall crushed it," Minho explained.

"Damn... that's cool, man," one of them said, patting Thomas on the back. Thomas just laughed in response.

"Now we don't need to run around the maze. We just need to go to where the Griever is and examine its body," Minho said.

"What if it pretends to be dead, like when the Griever died before and then suddenly attacked Alby?" one of the Runners asked.

"That's why we'll check it out together. Whatever the risk, I'll take it," another one said.

"Okay. As usual, no matter what happens, never stop running!" Minho said again.