Chapter 45 : Where am i?

Cessie's POV...

"Where am I?" I asked myself, looking at a group of people carrying weapons.

The world seemed to be falling apart. Most houses were abandoned, many cars, and no one driving them, making it look eerie and covered in dust that coated the surfaces of the cars.

The people with weapons started entering the houses in the city.

"Hey!" I shouted at two adult men wearing black uniforms with face coverings that made me not recognize them.

I kept walking until someone bumped into me from behind.

Wait!! Wh- why?

Why could they pass through my body?
Am I dead already? Why can't anyone see me?

I panicked, my breath racing, making me run and fall right into one of the houses.

I stared straight into the house.

"Cessie!!" shouted a young boy about six to seven years old.

Wait! Can he see me? I started to stand up, and a little girl ran towards him and hugged the little boy.

Suddenly, the sound of gunshots rang out loudly.

"Daddyyy!!" the little boy yelled.

I was frozen, watching what was happening here.

The screams became louder as a woman approached the lifeless body of the man with blood coming out of his head.

"Thomas, go! Take Cessie and never come back!" the woman shouted.

What?

Did she just mention Cessie?

Thomas?

Is he my father?

I approached until suddenly a gunshot pierced through the woman's body, and she fell right beside the man I interpreted as her husband.

"Mommyyy!!" the little boy screamed while closing the eyes of the little girl he was hugging.

"No- way!" I said weakly. I couldn't bear to watch it.

I stared at two people coming out of the house; they passed through my body without any hindrance while standing in front of the door.

"Ava, we found the subject you were looking for!" a man said through the monitor he was carrying.

Ava? She's the woman I dreamed of since I arrived in the glade.

I stared at the two children while running with the intention of taking them away, but I couldn't touch them.

Is this a piece of my past?
Damn! They killed my parents! and-

Everything turned white.

__________

I opened my eyes, still walking in the white room, so empty. I couldn't find anything here except for the spacious room without boundaries.

I remembered the events, my parents, they killed them. They killed my father and mother.

I cried, I didn't know where I was. I couldn't remember anything except that I was banished.

I wondered what I should do, what kind of place this was, and-

Minho?

The man crossed my mind. Am I dead? Why so soon? I still want to see him, I don't know why my feelings are so connected to him, even though he and I didn't have much time when I was in the glade.