Chapter 47 : Welcome back

The Keepers held a meeting in the council hall to discuss some important matters related to something they had found. For three years, the Keepers had been navigating the maze, and this object was one of the tangible pieces of evidence of something interesting they had come across.

Gally disagreed with the Keepers entering the maze without informing the others to do so.

Initially, Alby sided with Gally, but after hearing what they had found inside, Alby changed his mind about punishing those who weren't Runners for choosing to enter.

Minho informed them that tomorrow morning, he and Thomas would further investigate Section Seven, where the object had the number seven displayed on its small screen.

After the meeting with the Keepers in the council hall, Minho decided to find Teresa. He realized that he owed her an apology for what had happened.

Minho was taken aback when he saw Cessie had stopped breathing due to the injection he had directed at Teresa.

He walked towards Teresa's hut, which was near Cessie's hut.

Without knocking, Minho entered, surprising Teresa, who was combing her hair. On the other hand, Minho stared at Teresa, furrowing his brows, trying to see clearly what she was doing.

"What are you doing?" Minho asked directly to Teresa.

"I should be asking you that. What are you doing?" Teresa replied, avoiding Minho's question.

Minho sighed and approached Teresa.

Closer.

Closer.

Even closer.

And then,

"Do you mind if I take a short rest on your bed? I also have something to say," Minho said, right in front of Teresa, making her startled and nod quickly.

Minho looked at her and smiled genuinely.

"Your face looks ridiculous. Just like Thomas when he first arrived at this damn place," he said, walking towards the bed and lying down.

Teresa scurried to get a comb upon hearing Minho say that she looked ridiculous.

As if enchanted, Teresa seemed to admire Minho more and more, his firm jaw and cold demeanor making her even more captivated.

"W-what do you want to say?" Teresa asked while combing her hair.

"Nothing," Minho replied briefly while closing his eyes. Teresa was puzzled because Minho himself had said that he wanted to convey something.

"What—" Teresa began to speak but was interrupted as Minho started saying something.

"Sorry." One word that managed to make Teresa stop what she was doing.

"For what?" She asked.

"I don't know, I feel guilty for snapping at you when you were trying to save Cessie," Minho said, still keeping his eyes closed. Minho seemed to be enjoying his rest on the bed because he had been sleeping in a hammock all this time, making his bones ache and feel like breaking.

"It's okay. I would have acted the same way if I were in that position. I understand how you feel, Minho," Teresa said with a positive aura, making Minho open his eyes and look at Teresa.

"Thank you," Minho said.

"You're very understanding. I like your attitude," he continued, making Teresa smile broadly with her blushing cheeks.

Minho looked at the beautiful girl and smiled. Teresa was quite pretty, making Minho smile.

"You don't need to thank me. I can understand how you feel," Teresa said, placing her comb on the wooden table.