Chapter 33 : Don't break the rules

Author's POV ...

From another perspective, several Gladers had gathered. They were discussing something very important even though it was late at night.

Newt, Chuck, Teresa, Gally, Winston, and Minho were all sitting casually, exchanging thoughts about the revelation that Cessie was associated with WICKED.

"I can't believe Cessie is one of the WICKED," Frypan said.

"Especially me," Winston muttered, stretching his legs on the green Glade grass.

"She looks so innocent and kind! How could she be working with WICKED?" Chuck added.

"It's hard to imagine how she got a job with WICKED," Winston continued.

"I don't know, but I saw her with WICKED. I remember seeing her when they put some kids into tubes filled with liquid," Teresa said, trying to recall the memories she had glimpsed while asleep.

Newt, who had been listening quietly, started asking questions. "Tubes filled with liquid? What do you mean?" Newt asked, curious.

"Every person WICKED sends here, they are first put into a large tube the size of a human body that contains clear liquid that will erase all our memories," Teresa explained in as much detail as possible.

"More precisely, they dunk us into a chemical solution that makes us forget everything about our lives before we're awakened again," Minho added, lying back on the grass.

They all stared at Minho, wondering how he knew such details.

"Do you know this, Minho?" Gally asked.

"Yes, I do. Don't be stupid! I'm just repeating what Teresa said with the same level of detail!" Minho replied irritably.

They all exchanged glances. Minho then looked at Teresa, who gave him a pleading look.

"Oh man, I can't even refuse to believe her, but it's hard to accept that she's really working with WICKED!" Newt said.

"So, what's their purpose in sending her here? If she's really working with WICKED, we have to be cautious," Frypan said.

"Are you serious, guys? I've said it repeatedly, but you don't believe me. Who knows, maybe she was given a mission by the Creators to make us all fall in love with her, and then she'll start carrying out their orders?" Gally said, looking at Newt and Minho.

"Damn it!" Winston muttered.

"We lost Ben, and Alby is still unconscious, and..." Gally stopped as Minho shifted from lying down to sitting, giving them each a sharp, piercing look.

"Stop mentioning his name!" Minho said firmly, meaning for them to stop talking about Ben.

Ben was Minho's close partner, and they had shared joys and sorrows as Maze Runners. Ben was not just a running partner; he was like family. But it wasn't just Ben; Minho considered everyone in the Glade his family, and he would protect them with his last drop of blood.

"So, what's your plan?" Minho asked them.

"We should just banish her, and the problem is solved!" Gally said casually, shocking everyone.

"What the hell, Gally?" Winston said angrily.

"Shut up!" Chuck added.

"Are you crazy?" Frypan said, holding his head.

"No way!" Teresa murmured.

Minho just looked at them as they argued with each other and chuckled softly. He found their arguments both funny and foolish. Even before Gally suggested banishing Cessie, Minho had already guessed it in his mind.