Chapter 23 : Another Girl

Author's POV ...

On the next day, several people gathered at the Med-Jack to check on the new girl and Alby

On the next day, several people gathered at the Med-Jack to check on the new girl and Alby. As usual, Alby remained in the same condition, but this time he began to struggle to release the ropes tied to his body due to the spreading virus. They didn't banish him because he hadn't attacked anyone.

"Has he woken up?" Newt asked.

"Not yet. I'm just doing my duty," Jeff replied.

"Will he sleep forever?" Gally remarked.

"Of course not, Gally," Clint replied, standing next to Minho.

Everyone fell silent for a moment before Thomas spoke up.

"We need to figure out the meaning of the writing on the paper the girl brought," Thomas said

"We need to figure out the meaning of the writing on the paper the girl brought," Thomas said. Gally looked at Thomas with a puzzled expression.

"No. We've been too troubled by all the recent events we've experienced. Things have been tough in the Glade lately," Newt said.

"He's right, Newt. We should think about the contents of that note. What if this girl is the last new arrival they send?" Jeff suggested.

They all looked at each other.

"Yes, that's possible. If they stop sending new kids, the box won't return. We won't get supplies," Clint added.

Newt, who initially thought it wasn't important, started to change his mind.

"Yes, that makes sense. It's only girls they're giving notes to. First, Cessie with the note on her hand that said 'she's the beginning.' Now this kid with the paper that says 'she's the last one ever,'" Jeff continued.

While they were talking, the girl mumbled unconsciously.

"Cessie..." the girl whispered.

They were surprised to hear what she said.

"I told you, didn't I? She's the cause of all this!" Gally exclaimed, ruffling his hair.

"We don't know who she's referring to. She could be mentioning her own name," Thomas said.