Chapter 46 : The clue

After showering and preparing himself for the Maze, as usual, Minho would go to the Fry kitchen to grab anything he could eat.

Minho leaned against the large container labeled W.C.K.D in Fry's kitchen while watching Frypan running towards him.

"Hey, Minho. She's awake," Frypan provided information that Minho clearly already knew.

"Hmm, yeah!" he replied. Frypan looked at Minho while preparing food for him because Minho would soon have to go to the Maze to continue his task of mapping the changing Maze paths.

"By the way, thank you, Minho," Frypan said, making Minho look at him with a puzzled expression.

"For?" Minho asked, furrowing his brow.

"Truth be told, from the beginning, I never liked the decision to banish that girl, and now you've really saved her," Frypan said with a happy smile that he directed at Minho.

Minho was tired; he hadn't had a full rest because he was worried about the girl, and now he had shouted at Teresa, who had tried to save Cessie's life.

He changed his mind about taking a one-day break from the Maze to rest his body.

Suddenly, Thomas came running towards Minho, looked at him for a moment, and then hugged him.

"The hell you doin' shank?!" Minho exclaimed with his tired voice, trying to release Thomas's embrace.

Frypan burst into laughter as he watched both of them.

"Oh my Gosh, this is the first time I've seen Minho being hugged by anyone, especially Thomas hugging him," Frypan said, clapping his hands as if he were singing.

"Are you sure you don't want to hug me? Or do you want Cessie to be the only one hugging you?" Thomas said, throwing one of his awkward jokes, making Frypan laugh, and even Thomas himself shed a tear from laughing.

"Shut up, you shank face! You make me sick with all your stupid jokes," Minho replied with a slight chuckle, making Thomas's heart feel a little happier. For Thomas, Minho deserved a valuable reward for what he had done for Cessie.

Thomas lay down on the grassy expanse of the Maze, took a deep breath, and exhaled regularly, making Minho shake his head.

"Tell me how you found Cessie," Thomas suddenly commanded, making Frypan look at Minho.

Minho yawned, rubbed his eyes, and began telling everything he had experienced in the Maze, except for when he had kissed Thomas's sister.

They listened carefully to Minho's story. According to Frypan, he was fascinated by Minho's hidden nature, which only came out when he was with Cessie or Thomas.

Minho told about the time he found Cessie's hoodie, the blood, and the Griever, and then Cessie, making Thomas's curiosity even stronger.

"What if the corpse will soon disappear like before when I squashed the Griever?" Thomas said to Minho.

Minho seemed to ponder Thomas's words.

"For the first time, I agree with your stupid statement," Minho said.

"In that case, let's go!" Thomas said, getting up and straightening his dirty clothes.

"Where to?" Minho asked.

"The Maze," he replied lightly, making Minho frown.

"No, Thomas, you don't understand. The Runners have withdrawn; it's just you and me left," Minho explained.

"In that case, it's just the two of us," Thomas said, and Frypan laughed, then volunteered himself.

"I'm in! As long as Minho is there," Frypan said, raising an eyebrow.