Chapter 28 : My fault?

Cessie's POV...

I immediately ran after Clint and Jeff, who were heading to the med-jack to bring Newt for treatment.

I was out of breath because of what happened earlier. I didn't even reprimand or glance at Minho who left with Thomas.

This time he went too far. I couldn't even believe what he did.

Clint, Jeff, and I arrived at the med-jack with Newt.

They laid him on the wooden bed and began treating his face. His lips were bleeding, and there was a bruise forming under his left eye.

"Argh..." Newt muttered as they cleaned the blood from his lips.

"I'm sorry, Newt," I said sadly about what had happened to him.

Minho went overboard!!

"Uh, it's not your fault. It's okay, Cessie," Newt said.

After treating Newt, Clint and Jeff moved to check on Alby who was still lying down.
I turned to look at Newt with concern. He just stared at me and smiled, then winced in pain when he smiled reflexively.

"Hey, are you okay?" I asked worriedly.

"Ugh," was all he muttered.

Clint and Jeff asked for Newt's permission to watch over Alby as they were going to gather some herbal plants to turn into medicines for Alby's sting wounds.

Newt agreed to their request.

Once they left, Newt suddenly grabbed my hand and said something.

"What's your answer, Cessie?" he asked.

What does he mean? What answer? I had no idea what he was talking about.

"What do you mean?" I asked in return.

Newt looked at me with a puzzled expression.

"I told you that I like you. Do you feel the same way?" Newt asked seriously.

My eyes widened at his statement. I was silent, trying to understand the meaning of what he said.

What does he mean by saying he likes me? Does he want to ask me to be his girlfriend?

No way!! Newt looked at me intently.

"Wait!! Don't tell me you don't like me?" he said, his tone changing.

I lowered my head and apologized to him.

"I'm sorry, Newt. I don't know about my feelings. I think this is wrong. Something is wrong." I said with a confused tone, trying to convince Newt that this was all wrong.

I didn't know what to do with my feelings anymore. Newt was the most caring person. He treated me really well, but there was something bothering me in my heart.

I even imagined Minho when he kissed me.

Newt, noticing my expression, started asking.

"Cessie, you have to be honest with me. Do you like Minho?" he said with a higher pitch.

I was taken aback by his question. What should I answer?

What if I like Minho, but he doesn't like me?

And what if I reject Newt even though he likes me?

I can't force fate if Minho likes Teresa.

But is it true that Minho likes Teresa?

My heart shattered again, remembering the events at the bonfire last night.

The memory was replaying in my mind like a broken cassette that kept playing.