Chapter 32 : Brother and Sister

The girl fell silent, trying to come to terms with the fact that Minho didn't do what she had expected.

Minho then stood up from the box he had been sitting on and walked towards the door.

Cessie continued to watch every move Minho made. Minho paused for a moment and then looked at Cessie, urging her to leave the mapping room.

"Come on! Do you want to sleep here or in your hut?" Minho asked Cessie straightforwardly. Realizing this, Cessie stood up and walked towards Minho, who was still staring at her.

"I'll sleep in my hut. Thank you for treating my hand," Cessie said with a shy smile on her face and then left Minho.

Before she could take another step, Minho stopped her again. This time, he held her gently to avoid hurting Cessie.

"What are you doing? I was about to leave," Cessie said, sounding confused.

Minho looked at her and sighed in frustration.

"That's not what I meant, you fool... I'll escort you to your hut. Do you want to die? Gally could sneak up on you from an unexpected direction and kill you when no one's watching," Minho said, trying to scare Cessie.

Minho knew that Gally would never actually harm anyone, even if it were Cessie, whom he disliked.

Cessie seemed hesitant about going back to her hut alone, so she nodded in agreement to Minho's suggestion to escort her.

"Uh, alright then," she said, giving Minho the lead.

They both walked through the darkness of the night toward the path leading to Cessie's hut.

The Gladers who were still awake stared at Minho and Cessie with suspicious glances.

"Hey, Minho! Be careful with that girl," one of the Gladers shouted. Whether it was a joke or not, they all laughed after saying that.

Minho didn't pay much attention to the comment he heard.

Cessie walked with her head down, holding her own hand. She looked lonely.

She felt so torn. Minho, realizing that Cessie was a bit down, slowed his pace so that Cessie could walk alongside him.

"Hey, are you okay?" Minho asked as they continued walking.

Cessie glanced up at him and replied, "I'm fine, just feeling a bit self-conscious walking with you."

Lately, Cessie felt unworthy of being with Minho. She knew she had strong feelings for him, but she also felt like she had lost Newt because he no longer paid attention to her since that incident.

"Where's your brain? No wonder you're a fool!" Minho said. Cessie chuckled at Minho's words.

"I mean, I've heard a lot from the Gladers, Newt, and even Alby about how much influence you have on the Gladers," Cessie said as she looked at the grass beneath her feet.

"What's wrong with me having influence? Besides, no one's stopping me from getting close to anyone," Minho replied. Cessie then remembered when Teresa kissed Minho in front of the Gladers.

"I don't deserve to walk with you, Minho. I'm just causing trouble for the Gladers, and I often inconvenience you," Cessie said, still feeling guilty.

Before they knew it, they had reached the entrance to Cessie's hut.

Cessie walked ahead of Minho and stood right in front of the door. Minho looked at Cessie, who was smiling at him.

She felt grateful because Minho had been somewhat at peace with her today, even though she initially thought he would continue to ignore her.