Chapter 19 : The map

Cessie's POV ...

Newt suddenly burst into laughter. I'm not sure what he was talking about, but it was hilarious to see the new kid with that indescribable expression. Newt waved his hand towards me, who was standing about ten meters away from where he stood.

Uh, to be honest, I'm a bit uncomfortable with the way the Gladers look at me. Is there something wrong with my appearance? They always stare at me for a long time, as if there's something wrong with how I dress.

My eyes were drawn to the black-haired man who always looks cool. His eyes were staring at me with the usual piercing and intimidating gaze.

Damn it!! Again?

"Uhm, Chuck?" I said, turning around to look at Chuck, who was standing behind me.

"What? Its okay. You look great, Cessie." He said.

From the far end, I saw Minho eating with Alby near the fry kitchen, staring at me before turning his face away and walking towards the dining table.

Suddenly,

"Hey Minho, why don't you introduce yourself to the new kid?" Newt said as he walked closer to Minho.

Minho placed his plate down with a slight thud, creating a sound.

"I think he already knows my name. You just mentioned it," he said with his usual cold and impassive expression.

Uh, looks like he's in a bad mood, as always.

The Gladers who heard Minho's words laughed, even Alby and Fry exchanged glances and joined in the laughter with the others.

"Well, there you have it. The Keeper of the Runners. As you heard, his name is Minho," Newt said, looking at Minho and then turning his gaze towards the new kid.

The man seemed taken aback for a moment, then nodded. He then looked at me and suddenly-

The new kid stumbled and fell due to Gally's forceful push while he was engaged in a strength competition with some Gladers, which accidentally hit Thomas.

"Oops... sorry, greenie," Gally said, looking at the new kid and then turning his gaze towards me.

Gally then invited the man to compete in a strength challenge with him. Of course, the Gladers immediately gathered around them. I watched from a distance, stepping back to ensure I wouldn't be caught up in the commotion like what just happened to the new kid.

Chuck quickly made his way towards them, intrigued by the game that Gally had started.

Amidst the faint crowd, I caught a glimpse of Minho's figure.