Chapter 25 : Jealous?

Note: i Made this 2 POV in this chapter. If you don't like it, just leave.

Author's POV...

Around seven in the evening, the Gladers gathered at the Bonfire site.

They were welcoming Teresa. At first, she was afraid of them, but after the tour that Newt gave her, she started trusting the Gladers. Newt had told her everything, just as he usually did with new arrivals during the tour.

Some of the Gladers were engaged in strength contests, like the game Gally and Thomas played during their introduction, while others sat drinking the concoctions Gally had prepared.

Some Gladers at the fry station were queuing for food, and a few others were gathered around the roaring fire.

The atmosphere was normal, even though there was an unease among the Gladers due to Alby still being unconscious.

Minho was seen eating with the other Runners. Meanwhile, Newt, Thomas, Winston, Chuck, Jeff, and a few other Gladers were sitting by the fire. They were sitting in a circle, playing the Truth or Dare game that Teresa had taught them.

They looked happy as Teresa had entertained them with the games she had introduced.

Newt searched for the presence of someone who wasn't at the Bonfire. He sent Chuck to call Cessie and Clint from the Med-jack area because Alby's condition had improved, so he could be left alone during the Bonfire event.

"Cessie!"

"Shh... Cessie!"

She woke up from her sleep.

"Hey Cessie. This is the first time I've seen you in a just-woken-up state," Clint joked.

She was just awakened by them, and his words brought a smile to her face.

"Hey, Chuck," She said softly.

Clint looked at her with concern.

"Are you feeling unwell, Cessie? You can go back to sleep if you want. Let me tell Newt that you need rest." Clint said, with Chuck nodding in agreement.

"Hmm, no... I'm fine. Has the event started?" She asked, rubbing her eyes.

"Uhmm, yeah. They've just lit the Bonfire." Chuck replied, grinning.

"Sorry, Cessie. I didn't wake you up either. I know your days are really tough," Clint said sympathetically.

She knew he was acting this way because he always saw her blamed for things even when She had no idea what was happening.

"Thanks, Clint," she said, then hugged him warmly. Clint bent down to reciprocate the hug since she was sitting on a wooden bed.

"Well, I'm in too," Chuck said, pouting.

Oh, Chuck. He's so adorable.

"You rascal. Come here," she said and hugged Chuck right back.

"Let's go!" Clint said.

Chuck arrived and rejoined the group to continue playing Truth or Dare.

"Chuck, where's Cessie? Why isn't she participating? Where's Clint?" Newt asked.

"She's there. Look!" Chuck pointed toward where Cessie and Clint were heading.

Newt smiled upon seeing her. Her messy hair gave her a unique and captivating appearance.

"Hey, why are you smiling to yourself?" Winston asked, patting Newt on the shoulder.

"What? Winston, seriously," Newt said, surprised.