Chapter 11 : Runner

Author's POV ...

They exchange a brief conversation, and then Frypan comes over with water for Minho.

"Yoo shank," Frypan says.

"Looks like a klunk, yeah?" Frypan teases. Minho just nods in agreement to each of Frypan's remarks that come out. He feels too drained to argue or curse at the guy because he's overwhelmed.

"I brought you some water. Here. Ben told me to," Frypan says, handing the water to Minho.

Minho, who was previously lying down, sits up again.

"Oh, I feel really bad," he says.

"Yeah, it still looks better than a week ago," Frypan says.

"Don't remind me of it," Minho replies, standing up.

"I gotta go, Fry. Thanks for helping me," Minho says as he runs towards the forest. Frypan knows he's headed to the map room to chart out whatever they come across.

And just so you know, the incident a week ago nearly took Minho's life. He was almost trapped when he accidentally encountered a Griever in broad daylight, while he was separated from Ben and the others. Only the Runners and a few Keepers know about it. They don't know that Minho encountered a Griever, they only know that he got trapped and accidentally fell while trying to find his way back to the maze.

We intentionally didn't tell the Gladers about it because we didn't want them to become more fearful and panicked if they knew Minho had been injured inside. And yeah, Minho was the first person to see a Griever. He was the first one who survived the encounter, but he chose not to tell anyone that he saw a Griever.

"Cessie, you shouldn't have put everyone in danger just for one person," a woman's voice said, and she knew it was Ava. She couldn't see her face clearly, but She knew it was Ava.

"Cessie..."

"Cessiee..."

"Guys, come here... She's awake," Clint said.

"Hey Cessie... are you alright?" Newt asked.

"What happened to me?" She asked.

Cessie not sure what just happened, but she slowly started to remember that Minho and cessie were running. She got lost, and Minho saved he. But wait...

"Minho?" She murmured.

"What?" Newt asked.

"Where's Minho, Newt? Is he okay?" She asked, panic filling my voice.

Newt looked at me with a questioning gaze, furrowing his brow.

"He's fine," Newt answered.

"Guys, I'll be right back. I'll call Jeff to get some medicine," Clint said. Newt nodded in agreement.

"Thank goodness you're not hurt," Newt said, wrapping a cloth around my ankle.

"Well, it seems like I'm getting better since earlier," she replied to Newt.

Newt approached Cessie, looking at her with affection. Yeah, Newt had feelings for Cessie from the beginning, but he never expressed them to her. He didn't want the other Gladers to resent him. Come on, who wouldn't like Cessie?

Hey, she's beautiful. And she's also the first woman they've encountered since their new life in the Glade. For them, Cessie is like a precious gem that needs to be protected. Everyone here likes her a lot. The girl has truly surprised them in many ways.
But there are also a few who still don't trust her and think she might be a spy for W.C.K.D.