Chapter 26 : The rain

Author's POV...

The man was shocked to find someone walking up to him and daringly kissing him.

He felt like yelling, but what could he do? He just remained silent, processing what had just happened.

All the Gladers cheered in surprise at the girl's audacity. According to Minho, the girl was very bold, but why couldn't he scold Teresa?

"Damn it!" murmured one of the Runners who was with Minho.

"I'm sorry, Minho. I had to do this because of them," Teresa said, pointing towards some Gladers near the fire.

Minho wiped his lips and looked at the girl with the coldest expression.

The girl didn't seem scared at all. She wasn't afraid because she hadn't yet witnessed Minho's darker side since arriving at the Glade.

Minho then accidentally glanced at a girl standing with a few others.

The girl was transfixed as she stared at them. Something pricked at her heart when she saw Cessie staring at Minho.

Hey, did she also witness what just happened? Why did that man's heart prickle? Like there's something that needs to be explained.

The man was confused about why he had to explain what happened. Who was Cessie to him? Cessie had no right to hear an explanation from him, and it wasn't his concern if Minho was close to anyone.

But why did it feel wrong to just let it happen?

From a distance, Minho saw Newt approaching Cessie, but instead of moving closer, she stepped back and started to turn away.

Minho looked at her retreating figure as she disappeared, running into the darkness of the night.

This time, Minho stared at Teresa with rising anger.

"You! You better leave now or I'll throw you into the maze!" Minho whispered into the girl's ear.

"Come on, Minho, what are you talk-" before she could finish her sentence, Minho roughly grabbed her hand and started walking towards the maze.

"Hey, Minho! Let go!" Teresa said, trying to free herself from his grip.

"Minho, wait! What are you doing?" one of the Runners with her asked.

The Gladers panicked at the sight of this. Who would dare to go against Minho?

Even Gally, who was watching, considered this situation epic.

"The consequence for those who don't want to listen!" Minho replied, still calmly leading the girl away.

"Okay, stop it, Minho. Let go of me, and I'll go back to the Gladers over there," Teresa pleaded.

Minho stopped pulling her and released his grip.

He looked at Teresa and told her to go.

"I thought you were really going to do it," one of the Runners said.

"Well, actually, I was going to. But you're stupid, it turns out. On a night like this, the maze door is already closed!" Minho said.

Another Runner approached Minho and whispered something.

"What's it like to be kissed?" the Runner said, then laughed.

"Ah, damn it, Minho! You got what we wanted now," another one said.

"It feels weird!" muttered Minho, then looked at his two friends who were staring at him while laughing.

"I'd want to be kissed by the first girl," one of them said.