Chapter 20 : Trapped inside

I walked along the corridor towards the crowded dining area, filled with kids my age. My mind was in turmoil when someone tapped my shoulder.

"Hey, I've been looking for you. Turns out you're here," the man said.
His face was unclear, as if there were smudges that made it hard for me to recognize him. My memory was struggling to recall anything, but I felt a sense of joy having him by my side.

"I-I..." I began to speak, but a man suddenly entered the room and instructed all of us to take a seat. He started reading out names of people who were supposedly being taken to a place they called paradise. He read their names, but I couldn't hear them. It felt like someone had turned down the volume, preventing me from hearing.

As the man who tapped my shoulder earlier stood up, he said something to me. This time, I could hear him clearly.

"I'll wait for you there," he said.

"I'll miss you so much," I replied, hugging him. Then, I heard him whisper in my ear.

"I love you, Cessie," the man said, gently kissing my forehead. It felt so warm being by his side.

"I promise to always wait for you, no matter where I am," he said, before walking away, leaving me standing in the same spot, watching him as he entered the lab with a few others.

"Cessie... Wake up!"

"Cessie."

"Cessie!!"

Author's POV ...

The morning was beautiful. The atmosphere was still a bit dark, with loud thuds followed by the sound of working machinery and the scraping of large concrete, causing the Glade to tremble slightly.

The girl who had just come out of the prison hole stood from a distance, watching three people in front of the Maze door who were engaged in conversation. Two of them immediately ran into the giant Maze.

Alby and Minho ran towards the Maze, leaving Newt behind

Alby and Minho ran towards the Maze, leaving Newt behind. As Minho had informed Alby and me that he had found a Griever corpse, Alby decided to follow Minho to see the corpse. The girl felt dizzy thinking about what she had dreamed last night. It was such a strange dream.

 It was such a strange dream