Chapter 1

The table was well and food lingered all over , different kind of taste , aroma and nationality too , some were Italian , Asian and other were English food , the plates , forks , knifes , spoons well served and arranged in two lines , professionally.

The maids stood across the table holding trays their head looking forward holding their chins high and on the other hand that hanged on their abdomen held towels .

Other maids were walking across the room doing their responsibilities , some cleaned , some collected things unwanted and others made sure that everything was okay , after all it was a great dinner among the Craig family .

After sometime everything was well equipped and the family started taking their paces toward the dinning room , most were coming from outside the Craig's mansion.

The cars for those arriving were well assisted toward the entrance and well served , most came in pairs and some walked singely for both ladies and gentlemans .

As soon as they arrived to the table,  took their seat and made themselves comfortable , stories were lingering in murmurs while some happily chatted and laughed while others threw glances to each other and no words needed then.

Two of the seats were vacants and some didn't give a shit about when they will be filled while others seemed impatient tipping their head here and there, while others sat calmly .

The sound clicked and some turned to view who came while others ignored her though most who looked snarled and some scowled while others smiled at the daring woman walking majestically on her heels in her red long dress having it's cut way onto her left leg up to the thigh, the dress well covered in a white coat for the night and surely the tightdress held her curves well but couldn't hide the small bump she had.

Long blonde hairs on her back slightly touching the middle of her back and her brown eyes spoke the other , she smiled revealing how far the red lipstick reached the lining of her lips.

She walked straight to the table looking at the people greeting some while ignoring others as she took her reserved seat .

" Where is Garen , my dear ? "  the older woman asked smiling as she slowly held her hand on the lap .

" He's coming mother , soon " the woman replied and the older woman smiled but asked again, " Why didn't you take your way with him down here ?" .

The woman's face kinda paled but quickly plastered a fake smile ,  " He said there's important call he has to take and that I shouldn't delay hoping that people won't think he postponed this "

She explained and the older woman smiled again then went on talking to the older man beside her in a loving way while the woman held her hands on her laps trying to hide her nervousness .

The woman then glanced to the other older woman and man on the other side and she smiled at them as they reciprocated it back twice and she then looked down to her laps.

" Hey witchy , is my brother going to come or should we leave , am tired already "  , the girl of her 20's spoke chewing her bubblegum and she blew it into a Bubble after she was done talking and the whole table turned to face her , as if she cared .

" Maria , behave " the older woman reprimanded harshly and the girl smiled rolling her eyes ,  " Am just asking here Mrs .Craig , am I ? " , Maria spoke sarcastically.

The woman smiled and spoke hiding her frown that hardly escaped ,  " He will be here soon enough , Maria " and the girl closed her eyes leaning on her chair mumbling curses down her breath .

" Am tired too , I've got a meeting to attend too "  a man across the room spoke seating on the far end facing the whole table and the vacant seat on the other end.

Mrs. Craig looked at the man and  smiled ,  " Can everyone be patient , Garen will be here soon and everything would be done , be patient "
And everyone went on whatever they were doing , chatting , playing with phones and whatever killed their Boredoms.

After a matter of minutes a man was spotted walking down stairs slowly , his hand touching the rail on the side , taking every step carefully and majestically .

His shoes met the floor and floor couldn't be short of gratitude as it clapped with very step he took .

The man in his well dark blue pants where his white shirt was well tucked and covered by the coat , his first two shirt button opened , one of his hands in the pocket while the other on the side ,  his long legs took strides toward the table and the murmurs shut down , those who were on fantasy gladly came back .

All the eyes on him except for the two people , Maria and the man across the table .

His dark hairs well combed to the back , his face was with a frown but that didn't scare anyone it was his usual demeanour.

He took the older woman hand and kissed it and smiled the the older man as he took his seat not glancing to the woman in red beside him whom smiled like a maniac , showing pride all way over .

" Let's have our meal , family " he spoke more like ordering everyone with his cold voice and the maids walked toward them as they started serving everyone.

" Can't believe am here to have a family meal " Maria whispered to herself but everybody heard her and she was once again ignored .

" Stop being paranoid, Maria " another woman of  her 60'spoke as they sat facing each other and maria closed her eyes tightly before going down to her meal .

Now everyone went silent and only the sounds of forks , spoons that accidentally  collided with something was all that heard among them .

Quietly some eat slowly and peaceful while others had their meal fastly as if they couldn't handle being ther for a long time , like Maria .

Maria constantly broke the table manners and food etiquettes and everyone ignored her acts until they finished their meals , peacefully.

**************

So what do you think of the first chapter ??

How much did you like or hate Maria and what do you guess could be a reason for the family dinner .?

And how many are curious as I am to know this Craig's family .

Don't forget to vote and comment , loves 😘😘

                                               IverPeace-17