Chapter 8

Garen sat on the bed his back leaning to the bed post hands crossed over his chest as he focused on the Play in the Television .

Calvin was sitting on the sofas across the hotel room they booked , reading some magazine while taking sips of coffee slowly in a well defined pace .He would sometimes throw glances to his friend only to detect that he wasn't really on the TV but somewhere else , and that has been his condition since that night , he would always space out .

" What's in your mind ? " He decided to ask as he placed the newspaper aside just near where he placed his cup of coffee .Garen diverted his eyes from the screen and looked at him.

" Something is not adding up " he slowly spoke and Calvin moved from the sofa and walked to his bed that was just beside Garen's .

" She was declared insane and brought to tge asylum on 20th Nov 2017 " he spoke rubbing his face with his hands .

" So , what is that ? " Calvin asked removing his watch from his wrist .

" That's the day I married Mia and the next day was my birthday 21st "  he explained , " That makes me predict that she was probably taken away the next day they confirmed she was losing her mind " he added .

" We could have checked to the file if you were not acting impulsively with that Russian man back there  " Calvin voiced his sarcasm out .

" That's not the point , but how comes she went insane so suddenly " he asked looking at Calvin .

" Don't be ridiculous Garen , I could have lose mine too after spending the whole year in jail let alone in Russia where I know everybody I knew would forget me with all the years she was branded with .....she "

He paused gulping , his hands in a tight fists glaring at his friend , eyes bubbling on his eyes .

" Lost everything .....and you made sure of that " he finished as Garen gulped guilty burning his throat but he could sooth that , could he .

" If you were to listen to me and maybe trust what you two had , this could have been another story but you couldn't let the chance to  be a coward go empty and took that bitch to be your wife , you couldn't even go for a far woman she doesn't know but her damn sister that she loved .....you two betrayed her just equally and there's nothing to reverse that "

Silence took place .

" So stop questioning yourself as to  why she went crazy while you know the reason ,  don't run and find a space to turn the table and blame someone else , it was your fault , now deal with it "

Calvin has been holding a lot and  he couldn't find a better chance to let it out ,  now there it was ...all full and heavy .

He then flipped his cover  and wrapped himself not giving Garen a chance to speak or look at him .

Garen released a slow sigh as the lump in his throat tightened , that was a damn truth thrown right to his face .

He was a  coward back then since he could take chances to see the real truth even when she shouted it all on his face , her pleas and voice came ringing on his mind

"You have to believe me , I didn't do it you know I can't , you've know me better than anyone I can't do that not even thinking of it ,  how could I "

Femy spoke slowly holding the bars that prevented her to be close to him and he stood there distant from her .

" You know I love you and that is why you want to blackmail me just to escape your crime " Garen narrowed his eyes onto her as anger filled his eyes.

" No , that's not the case , I can never use my love for you to manipulate you or anything near blackmailing and you know that ....am just telling you the truth and you have to believe me " she defended herself gulping down , her eyes red and puffy from crying .

" Believe you " he scoffed

" So you can do it all over again " he added and her eyes widened .

" I never did it to begin with Garen please you have to trust me , I can't be what they claim me to be "

" Well that's what you're now " he shouted at her .

" Well am not , I didn't do it " she shouted back gripping the bars hardly that her knuckles were turning white and Garen stood there looking at her with so much hatred .

"   Ren "she called closing her eyes like collecting herself again .

" Am afraid " she started sobbing again lowering her head .

" Of what ? " he asked and she raised her head now facing him while tears rolled down her cheeks .

" Of being here , I can't be here " she voiced with worry and fear but a laughter erupted from Garen and her body flinched .

" Well you should be Aufemia " he walked toward her and slowly caressed her cheek .

" Please " she pleaded leaning to his touch that didn't last longer because he removed it immediately and looked her with all the distaste he could master .

" Save your breath you'll need it longer because am going to do worse than you can imagine if this gets proved ...no it is proved and you shall suffer " he spoke slowly and Femy closed her eyes in pain .

He didn't believe her and he wasn't going to help her in anyway .

" You surely believe that I did it , Ren " she asked him and he moved back .

" Yes I do "

That was all it took to drain her energy and he watched how she fell on her knees still holding the bars .

" No , you shouldn't say that to me Garen , I didn't " she cried now looking at him more like pleading for him to change his mind but he was there being emitionless .

" You shouldn't say that to me Femy , you don't deserve to be trusted and I regret doing that three years ago , I really do " he spoke

" Garen " she slowly called

" Don't ever forget that cause it's now going to be your nightmare "

With that he walked away despite of the screams calling him behind

"GAREN "

"GAREN"

But he didn't turn back to them.

Those painful screams that called him for help , he ignored them .

**********

What's that she had done let's find out together , keep reading , vote and comment please .

Love you

Ciao .
                                               IverPeace-17.