Chapter 72

" It's true she died " Evelyn spoke as Hades eyed her carefully.

" I have seen her grave Hades , and am confused because Garen seems to dig about it , I know him ... We have to tell him " she suggested .

" I don't think if that's a good idea Evelyn , our family will be ruined for all I care " Hades suggested instead and she closed her eyes thinking of how horrible it will be when Garen finds out all by himself .

" He will never forgive us if he finds it by himself Hades , you know your son " she insisted

" He won't even after we tell him , so nothing matters " he walked towards her and held her shoulders .

" Listen I will try to avert his attention just be concerned with your health , you're not doing so good these days " he comforted and she nodded though her head couldn't accept any of it , she has to do something . Hades has always been a slow snail in defining consequences.

" You promise " she asked .

" I promise " he assured .

' i have to do something , I can't let Garen know about this ever ' .  Sshe thought to her self .

Meanwhile at a park , Femy stood watching over the giraffe moves slowly owning the land in it's possession , the other ate the top leaves from the tree and that's what always intruged her , no one can eat where giraffe does .

Lost in her own world and thoughts , a man came beside and joined her .

" I knew I would find you here " Garen spoke looking at her now .

" I knew you'd find me soon or later , but I didn't expect you to guess me in the zoo" Femy spoke as if nothing has happened while Garen's heart beat to the fullest and nervously he smiled , for the time being he was so worried and crazy to tell .

" Am glad you found me but it's time you stop following me Garen , I hate the nerve " she now faced him as she slowly removed her wood .

" Ain't doing that , not now that I've found you " he replied and she chuckled .

" Don't be ridiculous Mr. Craig , you've had me and I lost my chance with you , I killed Mercy remember " she spoke narrowing her eyes to him .

" Don't say that ever again " he gulped looking back at the giraffes and she smirked .

" You've said that way too much before , does it bother you now " She asked looking around before silence took over them and she broke it again .

" I won't run away again , let's meet some more , you impress me with your conscience " ,with that she pulled her hood back and started walking away leaving him all alone with his eyes on her back .

She walked swiftly and disappeared among peoples and he dialed Calvin .

" I found her " he spoke giving out the breath he's been holding for a while now .

" Your mother demands your presence , she's serious and worried " came a worried voice from Calvin and Garen just nodded before hanging like Calvin was seeing him all the way . He walked away with thoughts on Femy , if she was out there that meant she got out of the hospital by her own but there must be someone who helped her anyways .

After long drive Garen walked right inside their mansion only to find his mother frozen , her hands trembled just as her nervousness increased , she was damn worried about something and maybe worse than he can imagine .

" Mother " Garen called taking her out of her world , stunting as words wanted to come out but ended up gulping down her throat , something sharp burned her throat and that was nothing more than guilt .

" Ga.. ren " she mumbled walking toward him from her seat and wrapped her hands around him , he did the same giving her the warmth he felt from her .

" Are you okay ? " He asked and a tear slipped past her eye as she held his hand and started walking toward her room , Garen followed quietly untill they were inside .

" Mom " he called as Evelyn left his hands and started pacing around the room and he observed very keenly until she stopped and breathed .

" What's wrong with you mom ? " He asked again and she closed her eyes .

" Garen , am going to say this once don't make me repeat again  .... Aufemia is dead , Mia back then asked for her to be shifted to Australia that she should be punished severely for her crime and then Femy went Crazy and died in one of the asylum , her body couldn't take the treatment "  a tear fell down her cheeks as she finished the sentence and Garen was starstruck .

" Am sorry I could have told you earlier but I went there two days ago I confirmed it all , and am sad she died so innocent , she deserved some justice .... Ooh ... "  Evelyn started weeping as Garen collected the information and gathered her mother in his hands slowly comforting her .

" Mia should pay , she should pay for everything she's done to this family , I even bet she's the one who killed Mercy ... Such a wicked soul ... Make sure she pays Garen " she went on an Garen patted her back smoothly .

A lot went through his head , why would his mother herself go and find the story about Femy and how comes Mia pops in this when he didn't get any trace of her in all the scheme , someone else is involved and maybe he's trying to divert the truth or maybe trying to clean their own name .

" Mother " he called and slowly she averted her head from his chest and looked up to him .

" I've seen it all way down , I know everything " he confessed and her eyes widened a little bit .

" You knew ? " She asked and he nodded slowly .

" But Mia isn't in that part you just  mentioned , who told you so ? " He decided to ask and words stuck in her tounge .

Cat got her tounge .

" I .. I .. was told by .. by the officers "

" The prison officers " she concluded after a quick thought and Garen nodded his head taking that too in his doubts , his mother knows something and she's hiding it from him and cleans her name at the same time .

" I'll look into it mom , Mia has to pay " he pulled her back to his arms and he narrowed his eyes at the picture that hangs in the wall .

A family picture .

Their family is becoming so treacherous....

🪔🪔🪔🪔🪔🪔🕯️🪔🕯️🕯️🕯️

How I love your patience and support ... I appreciate your feelings , votes , comments and followers too ... Love you all .

Don't forget to vote , like , comment and follow

Love you all 💕