Chapter 37

I happily dedicate this to TasheykeDrummond.

****************

" It's been fucking three days and none is picking my call " Garen shouted to the person on the line .

" Do get him soon Peterson " he ordered before hung up and throw the phone to his bed , then run his fingers frustratingly on his hairs before sitting in the edge of his bed .

Calvin was not Picking his call and that Peterson's man was ignoring the calls too . He's been at edge ever since they left and wanted nothing but to know what they had found in Norway .

Peterson was an exception since he said he was working on it and soon he would give him the results but Calvin and David were only doing a good job at ignoring him and sometimes switching their phones .

A phone call came again , he looked for his phone to see his secretary calling , he even forgot that he has a meeting with the Williams .

He pulled his coat and dressed before walking to the mirror to place back the hairs , when he was sure he looks good enough he walked to the door and walked out .

" Are you okay ? " asked Maria who sat comfortably on the dining table having breakfast .He didn't even realise that she spend the night here after having no reason to explain and he had no time to question her further .

" If you're done leave my house " he spoke taking a bite from one of the snack before pulling his brief case .

" Are you not going to have some breakfast ? " she asked pouting .

" Are you offering me that in my own house ? " he asked her , this little brat could be so sneaky and bitch sometimes .

" What do really want , Maria ? " he added and she smirked.

" I love how you can read me " she smiled standing pulling her purse from the table .

" I want a deep talk about Femy , hope you haven't forgotten about her " .

And that was it he walked out without uttering anything . Everything about Femy was confusing him and he has no appropriate answer to give even to his own soul about the fact .

And more he can't trust anyone again in the family because he surely doubts that one of the Craig is involved in this cruelty .

Maria shouted .

" Garen Craig "

"Garen walked to his car and drove away to the company , when he arrived his secretary rushed to his side.He was late for the meeting and the Williams were starting to complain .

" Sorry sir but there's a commotion " Maggie stated walking beside him trying to match his longs trides .

He didn't answer but walked straight to the meeting room and everybody went silent , took his seat and faced foward .The old man on other side scoffed .

" I hope you're not forgetting that I owe big part in this " he said raising his eyebrow

" I know Williams " he replied not giving him a glance .

" Then you do realise that you're late and I didn't like that " Williams came again and Garen nodded throwing him a glance now .

" Let's begin , am having more personal issues today Am sorry for the delay " he spoke slowly and Williams smiled , that's what he wanted an apology .

The meeting began but Garen's mind was everywhere but not there , he couldn't stop looking at his phone now and then , whispering to go and check if there's any new email or something , but came as a yes .

The meeting came to an end and he walked out hurriedly than ever after bidding Mr. Williams .

Walking to his office worries taking their peak on his chest , opened the door and froze when he saw the two faces he's been eager to see .

Calvin and David were there seating but uncomfortably like someone had poured them a bucket of cold water .

Anger streamed in his veins as he walked to his desk not wanting to rash out on them .

" Would you start talking the both of you because I swear one more of your ignoring ass , am gonna kill the both of you " he raised his voice threateningly but the men simply shrugged the threat but something else stirred on their faces , Worry and pity .

Garen walked toward Calvin and pulled him by the shoulder so that he can look at him , he gulped on the face he met now since Calvin dared not to look at him when he came in .

Calvin had the dark circle under his eyes , he looked pale than usual and his eyes a little puffy and swollen . Calvin can be an emotional wreck sometimes , that he had not cared , his friend was a soft but him being like this after going to Norway , something bad Is up .

" Hey Man , what's going on ? " he asked with a concerned voice as fears crept down his spine trying to push every negative thoughts about the situation.

Calvin just looked at him then rubbed his mouth as one of his hand rested on his waist making the open coat move backward .

" Sir " David called and Garen turned to face him .

David just handed him a file not speaking any word either but rather taking his phone and tapped on it .

" There's an email I have sent , that's what we have found " he simply explained and Garen moved to the other side and took a seat , his legs wide , hands on his knees as he looked at the file before decided to look on it .

He read quietly and then a gasp came from him when he came to the part of the saddening news .

He stood and walked to Calvin , holding his shoulders and made him face each other .

" Hey , are you sure you went to Norway ? " he asked being confused rather not believing whatever he saw .

" Janette told us she had escaped and sent her to Cuba to her sister , what is that ? " , tears were now brimming in his eyes .

" She can't be dead " he added and Calvin removed his hands from him before sighing .

" Well seems like escape never succeeded because Femy was brought there and she died when she couldn't handle everything " Calvin spoke before gulping down .

" We saw her grave too , and everything shows that she was her because nothing looked fabricated on that file or even the photos " , his eyes narrowed at him .

" Did you seriously believe this ? " Garen asked with a shaky voice and Calvin laughed hysterically .

" Come on Man you wouldn't survive insanity either , try Mia and see if she lives .....what saddens me is that you're mostly at fault here Garen " , Calvin raised his voice before walking out , David followed leaving Garen all by himself .

" She can't be dead " Garen mumbled as he felt his knees go weak , his head pounding and his chest heavy , tears were now rolling Down his cheeks .

" Aufemia " he called before everything went black .

*****************