Chapter 50

KAYLA/KAI

"I'm officially enrolled again to Pacific Scott, I just need to wait for a week to start."

I said to them with being sarcastic that I am. Natuwa si Heyenne and Pran gave me a wink while drinking her afternoon tea. I look at the remaining three that has no reaction. They are not happy, especially my cousin and Kamil. Ipinagkibit balikat ko nalang ang reaksyon nila at uminom na rin ako ng tea na nakasanayan ko na ring inumin, I was a coffee type of girl before but I switched to teas when I met Pran. At first, it was bitter at halos masuka ako sa lasa, pero kalaunan, I get used to the taste and I appreciate the teas more because I always feel tranquility and peacefulness.

I put my enrollment form and schedules on the table and just looking intently at those like they also have eyes to look back at me. Narinig kong tumikhim ang kung sino pero hindi pa rin ako humarap sa kanya at nag-eenjoy sa pakikipag eye-to-eye sa mga papeles ko.

"You're going to attend the last two remaining subjects that you need to finish there, I'm against to it, to be honest Kai." From the stern sound of the voice, I knew it is the so-called 'ice queen' of the group, si Akeyla or we affectionately called her 'K'. Hindi pa rin ako humarap sa kanya. "I think that is the most stupidest decision that you've done so far, Kai. Sorry for the term pero minsan hindi ko alam kung tanga ka lang o may isip ka pero may malfunction." She said.

Nakita ko siyang umupo sa harapan ko at tiningnan ako ng walang emosyon, and I do the same. I looked intently at her. "Obviously K, I have these," and I pointed my head, like pointing my brain. "And its not malfunctioning or whatsoever that you thought. Its quite good actually. It's sharp too." I said, hinting a bit irritated and a bit sarcastic. Hindi siya kumibo kaya nagpatuloy ako. "If you're against it, fine; you are against it. Pero sinabi ko naman sa inyo na trust me diba? Trust me that I am not going to be outsmarted by some guy or anyone out there anymore. At kasama ko naman si Gello doon, and Kamil is going back there as well. At lumipat man ulit ako doon that doesn't mean that I'm not going here to visit anymore. I will still go here and play with you all. And anyway, we're a team now, weren't we?" I asked.

Natahimik lang sila. I silently go back to what I was doing earlier nung bigla kong maramdaman ang mga kamay na humawak sa akin. I look at the owner of the hand and it was Lindonne, she has brown stains sa gilid ng labi niya dahil sa paborito niyang pepero biscuits na kinakain and she's smiling. Her gentlest smile ever.

"I trust you. WE trust you, Kai. It's just that we're also worried and probably missing you here. Your sarcasmness, your emotionless face and the cold-hearted you. Lahat iyon, Kayla." She said with a smile.

Gustong umiyak ng mga mata ko, pero hindi nga lang magawa. Parang instead na utak ko ang nagka-problema, ang tear glands ko ang may problema. Natuyuan na ata ako ng luha, posible ba iyon?

I held her hand too, yung kaliwang kamay ko pupuslit sana ng isang pepero pero agad niyang nakita at pinalo niya ang kamay ko. "That's off limits, walang hingian." She said. I chuckled at her seriousness. Tsk, childish.

"Ano, okay na ba kayo? Okay na ba tayo?" I asked again, after I chuckled with Lindonne's childishness, kumakain na rin ulit siya ng pinakamamahal niyang pepero.

I look at all of them and I saw them nodded, except Kamil, Gello and K. Makulit! Pero wala na naman silang magagawa pa, I already enrolled myself and there's nothing they can do about it. I'm stubborn as hell and sometimes a little bit bossy. Maniwala  man kayo o hindi, ako ang spoiled sa grupong ito. Second place lang si Heyenne, and third si Lindonne.

Sa sandaling panahon na nakilala ko sila, masasabi kong may mga tao pa naman palang mapagkakatiwalaan, you just have to know them better and go with the flow, huwag ipipilit ang gusto mo lang mangyari o i-match ang sarili mo just to be able to say that you have similarities 'cause friendship doesn't work that way. Sometimes, opposite poles can be best of friends, kumbaga for keeps.