5/28/18 Ariel and the City

I was sort of Ariel from The Little Mermaid. I started out wanting to see the land, where a city was just at the shore. It was still old-fashioned, as people wore colonial outfits and drove carriages, but there were electric lights. I was able to change from tail to legs a lot quicker than originally, and had more free will doing so. I remembered, however, that I needed to return to Atlantica before Triton found out I was gone. I was with a friend, (who I think was also a mermaid?) who I told of a shortcut I knew. We were to swim under this old church, where the basement was filled with water. I suppose it was meant to be some sort of drainage system for the wash? It was so clear and bright from the lights shining through the wooden floorboards from above that it looked like there was no water at all. But we swam down towards a small opening in the floor where supposedly the exit was, to lead us to an underground river to the harbor. But it was such a tight squeeze that we got too claustrophobic and gave up. We climbed out of the water onto a little hidden porch that opened to someone's yard. I sat with my tail behind me so a girl in the yard wouldn't see as they turned back into legs.
I tried waiting until the girl left, but she kept working in her yard glancing at me now and then. My nerves got the best of me, and I needed to leave immediately. I ignored all odds and sprouted fairy wings and began to fly up into the sky, heading towards the sea. I flew directly over the city, over everyone's line of sight. Some began to follow me, especially a big brute of a man and a little round boy. My friend was gone at the moment, probably found another way out, and I was getting very worried about Triton. As I neared the sea, the atmosphere grew dark and there were icebergs and snow below, breaking off from the shore and floating in the water. I maneuvered into a little makeshift cave that two icebergs had made, regaining my tail to dive in a small pool at the edge of the crevasse. Before I could make it though, the brute rounded the corner, cornering me. I would've just jumped in and swam away, but the little boy was there too and I didn't want to risk him being in any danger (I'm not sure how though).
I can't remember what exactly happened next, but the brute was gone and I had befriended the boy. He was very funny and charming, and when I offered to give him a tail he was like, "aw no way, I am not doing that!" in a humorous tone and walked away. But I coaxed him to come in anyway, and he got a tail. He was freaked-out at first, but started to have fun with it.
That's all I remember.