8/15/19 Three Layers

In this dream there were 3 layers: the first was the ground and the water, filled with aquatic life. The second was the air, but with water characteristics where I could swim effortlessly. The third layer, beginning at the "surface" of the second layer, was the deep black abyss of space clouded with pink and blue mist and speckled with tiny twinkling stars.
I was in an off-version of my house where the layers ignored its walls. I came from the front room into the living room where the floor was a shallow aquarium complete with sand, corals, seaweed, and large smooth rocks for me to stand on. There was a young boy in there waiting for me, just a teenager. But before I greeted him, I saw a massive fish swimming around. In my excitement, I rushed to the edge of a large rock to sit and peer into the water.
The brown and blue fish was about the size of a humphead wrasse, but had similar attributes of a sheepshead wrasse, more specifically for the small white pointy teeth.
I exclaimed my amusement to the boy who seemed to be accustomed to it all. I feel like he "worked" in my living room by tending to the reef.
I wanted to swim with the fish, but as I began to tread the water, the wrasse started nipping at my thigh. I climbed back up onto the rock rather disappointed.
"Why doesn't he like me?" I said sadly. The boy wasn't sure, but just accepted it and told me to give it space.
I was pretty upset, but decided to cheer myself up by swimming to the galaxy above. Instead of a ceiling and just above arms reach was the layer of space. I kicked off the ground and floated up to breach the surface and feel the atmosphere. But it was so low, that I was barely able to swim. In fact, it suddenly felt like I was sitting in a shallow pool of the second layer with the blackness of space around me.
"It must be low tide," the boy speculated.
With the universe at low tide, I couldn't swim through the air and breach the surface like a dolphin. So I just bounced on the floor in the shallowness, splashing in and out of space.

Concept artwork created by AI: