10/22/19 "You don't get it, do you?"

(WARNING, slight gore)
I bolted outside my house in a startle upon hearing blood-curdling screaming. A neighbor across the street was crying out for help from her second-story room. Was she being attacked? What should I do?
The first thing I thought of was to grab a heavy, metal, fireplace poker from its holder and head towards the victim's house. But before I even left my front yard, a man burst from the door. He was thin, Caucasian, short brown hair, and seemed relatively young. He wore a black leather jacket and a crooked malicious grin.
He strode right up to me and I almost instinctively thrusted the metal stake into his chest. I could feel the vibrations of muscles breaking and bones cracking from the rod. Blood immediately streamed down from the hole as I pulled back.
He just looked down at the wound, then back up at me with evil in his eyes, and laughed.
I then speared lower, in his groin area, hoping that would at least knock him down. He didn't even flinch.
He just stared at me with that skin-crawling smile and said with another laugh through gritted teeth, "you don't get it, do you?"
Suddenly he lunged at me to which I immediately woke up, kicking the wall and whimpering. My toe throbbed for a bit as I gradually quieted down and thanked the Lord it was just a bad dream.