3/25/20 Patchy the Pirate

I arrived at a big public building by the sea with its back sitting right at the edge of a small rocky cliff. I'm not sure what exactly the building was for, but instead of a lobby there was a small desert-themed exhibit right through the sliding glass doors. The right side displayed a large dry sandy rock the size of the wall with a tree rooted inside and a single branch hanging just under the ceiling. A glass wall separated the exhibit from the pathway, for inside lived large insects and other critters that meandered around.
The left side housed another rock half the size that displayed a small trickling waterfall into a shallow pool. The glass partition only came up to shoulder height as the creatures inhabiting it were small aquatic critters. Both sides resembled a miniature patch of desert wilderness with a path from the doors leading through to the bigger part of the building.
I moved on to a large glass window overlooking the sea with what looked like a lounge on the right and another hallway on the left. The lounged wasn't well lit, seemingly closed though there were a couple scattered people there, so I followed the hallway which took me down a short flight of wide steps. At this point, I was swimming through the air in my mermaid tail as I floated through a wide empty hall with white walls, floor, and ceiling. On the left side however was a pitch black wall that looked like a giant aquarium, but I couldn't see anything.
Suddenly, I ran into Patchy the pirate! He was very friendly and invited me to go on a little boat adventure. So we came to an open window and boarded a small rowboat on the rocky water. We didn't go very far as we found a tiny floating island with a thick stumpy tree. Its roots were serpentined around the small patch of earth with several hollowed-out holes and no branches. We inspected it for secret treasure, but found none.
As we were about the board the boat again, some people from the lounge yelled out the window at us. They began to tease that we were getting married, which made me uncomfortable but Patchy didn't care. He was married to the sea! When we re-entered the building, a girl came up to me showing me her fan art of us. I was still in my mermaid tail, so she drew me as a mermaid in most of the drawings. They were shipping fan art, but still very well done.