Chapter 10 - Dinner Invitation ✔

SAME DAY - (Fri, 24 March 2017)

Kiara's POV

When we arrived at the restaurant, we were led to our table that was booked for 4 people by Zee, which we found weird but didn't say anything as we just followed the hostess who led us to a table on the lower level, on the right side of the restaurant between the front door and the stairs. I sat at the chair that faces the door as I got a view of the outside.

It was just Mel and I here as Zee and her mystery guest did not arrive yet, she's late as usual, she likes making an entrance

It was just Mel and I here as Zee and her mystery guest did not arrive yet, she's late as usual, she likes making an entrance. We kind of figured out that the 'surprise' she had for us was indeed a person as our table was booked for 4 people, so it was kind of obvious and I bet it's a guy she 'likes' but we all know by tomorrow, he'll be gone and she'll say that he wasn't 'the one' for her as usual. I'm not quite sure why she is so afraid of commitment or why she refuses to fall in love, she has a problem.

"Do you have any idea who our suprise guest is?" Mel says nodding her head to the extra place setting. "or should I ask who the guy is she's 'surprising' us with?" She asks and we both chuckled. I was just about to respond but a waiter arrived cutting me off.

"Good evening and welcome to Del Posto, my name is Stan and I'll be your waiter tonight. I see your other guests haven't arrived yet so can I get you guys something to drink while you wait?" Stan asks giving us a friendly smile and We both smile back greeting him and placing our order as we both decided in the car already, that we will be having a Sex on the beach cocktail for our first drink as we haven't had it in a while.

As soon as the waiter walks off, I look towards the door just in time to see Zee walk in with our mystery guest and I could not believe my eyes who she walks in with, I scream forgetting where we are and jump from my seat startling Mel as I run off to them and threw myself at our long lost friend from college Aurora.

Aurora Taylor, I met her through Zee back at college, she and Zee met in our first year and first day of class. Zee is 2 years older than all of us in the group, and Zee and Aurora had a few classes together as they both studied fashion and design, they met that day and clicked immediately and then after class she introduced us and we all have been friends ever since. After college she had to move back home to LA to take care of her dad as he was ill and we haven't hung out that much after that as she was on the other side of the world but we would visit each other a few times a year, her dad died a year and half after she returned home and we went down to be there for her, she was a mess.